The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
See, I have control after all, compared to some anyway... 15 is a bit much... 14 maybe.
Actually, I think Chris has 25!!!
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 11-21-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Actually, I think Chris has 28!!!
OMG! First thing my wife said was, "Where does he put all the cases??!!"

That is quite a collection!

Old 11-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh1805 View Post
This is a group shot of some of my Emerald Guitars. This shot includes a couple of 9-strings with my daughters' names (Norah and Erin) in resin, a baritone 12/6 MIDI Chimaera, fretless Balor, short-scale 16" nylon Amicus (full octave up - sounds incredible), pair of X7's short-scale (21" scale 1/4 up to "A"), various X20s with different features. I have a number of other custom one-offs that I can shoot at another time.

Emerald GTRs Panoramic by Chris Dignam, on Flickr

Chris
Good lord. This reminds me of a short time I spent on a PRS forum where a few people had huge rooms with all the walls lined with PRS guitars, high and low. I honestly can't even imagine. Impressive sight though!

-Ray
Old 11-20-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh1805 View Post
This is a group shot of some of my Emerald Guitars. This shot includes a couple of 9-strings with my daughters' names (Norah and Erin) in resin, a baritone 12/6 MIDI Chimaera, fretless Balor, short-scale 16" nylon Amicus (full octave up - sounds incredible), pair of X7's short-scale (21" scale 1/4 up to "A"), various X20s with different features.
Well that settles it...... I'm keeping all measly three of mine!!!
Old 11-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
Well that settles it...... I'm keeping all measly three of mine!!!
It'S all about the perspective, huh?
Old 11-24-2018, 10:26 AM
Guest 928

Wicked;

I don't know if remodeling has changed Alistair's digs, but he used to have a ceiling covered with failures; testaments to exploration, persistence and high standards. A picture of said ceiling would be cool.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Wicked;

I don't know if remodeling has changed Alistair's digs, but he used to have a ceiling covered with failures; testaments to exploration, persistence and high standards. A picture of said ceiling would be cool.
Alas, according to him they took them down. I would have loved to have seen that though.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 11-27-2018, 07:08 PM
Guest 928

Wahine;

While you're at it, you might want to consider some side work. The Acoustic Guitar magazine might like a visual tour of Alistair's work. Also, you might like to dial into http://vcquarterly.org--a journal devoted to visual communications. You're getting the stuff, might as well maximize the exposure. Just a thought...................

By the way, is publishing your thing? If so, I have some hot material for you. Another thought.................
Old 11-29-2018, 04:03 PM
Guest 928

wicked;

One of the editors of the previously noted journal came over today to look at and purchase a book collection. While he was here I showed him Alistair's calendar and mentioned your forthcoming book. I asked if he thought your work could have a place in the journal. He mentioned two possibilities.

The journal reviews visual works, such a review would be a cool way of spreading the word. He also noted that the journal offered pictures-alone series of visual works. Seems like both might work for what you are doing.

Something to consider.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Wahine;

While you're at it, you might want to consider some side work. The Acoustic Guitar magazine might like a visual tour of Alistair's work. Also, you might like to dial into http://vcquarterly.org--a journal devoted to visual communications. You're getting the stuff, might as well maximize the exposure. Just a thought...................

By the way, is publishing your thing? If so, I have some hot material for you. Another thought.................
Quote:
wicked;

One of the editors of the previously noted journal came over today to look at and purchase a book collection. While he was here I showed him Alistair's calendar and mentioned your forthcoming book. I asked if he thought your work could have a place in the journal. He mentioned two possibilities.

The journal reviews visual works, such a review would be a cool way of spreading the word. He also noted that the journal offered pictures-alone series of visual works. Seems like both might work for what you are doing.

Something to consider.
Thanks Evan. I wouldn't say publishing is "my thing" - though I am an editor for a small publishing company. You would never know it judging by the typos I make on this forum when using my phone instead of computer.

A review would be nice. One of my previous books (Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: the story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles) was featured on the cover of Ukulele magazine and that was a nice way of spreading the word about that project.

Right now, the plans are for a coffeetable style book, with lots of photographs. In fact, I was talking with Alan, Emerald Guitar's photographer today, and we will hopefully be picking some photos to use as full page images. I think Alistair might be cool with the idea of an e-book too, which I did on one of my prior books.

It is funny, I was saying on Facebook recently that the only way to distract myself from my incoming guitar is to focus on the interviews for this book (I spent the morning interviewing Kevin and the other guys on staff today) but then that in turn just increases my excitement for my new guitar. I did get to see a few sneak peeks of mine from Alistair (he sent me photos of the headstock, and it was painted today so he sent me a couple from the paint room). I was a little sad when I saw the custom color I was hoping for will not pan out on the veneer, but I'm sure I will love it anyway - even in a darker shade of blue.

Thanks again for the suggestion...
Old 06-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Just an update on this project...I want to thank all of the AGF members that have been interviewed or submitted photos. The narrative of the book is now completed, and I am beginning the graphics layout for the coffeetable style photo version, as well as the softcover and ebook versions. I am bringing a draft to Alistair in Ireland in August for us to discuss, and the plan is to make the book available this fall.

I am just sending out a last request for anyone else that may be interested in submitting a photo of themselves with their Emerald guitar for the owner photos layout. I need to receive all photos prior to June 14 in order for then to be included. If you have not yet done so, and wish to submit one, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Good timing. We just had a professional photo shoot for new band photos. Where do you want me to send them?
Old 06-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Just an update on this project...I want to thank all of the AGF members that have been interviewed or submitted photos. The narrative of the book is now completed, and I am beginning the graphics layout for the coffeetable style photo version, as well as the softcover and ebook versions. I am bringing a draft to Alistair in Ireland in August for us to discuss, and the plan is to make the book available this fall.

I am just sending out a last request for anyone else that may be interested in submitting a photo of themselves with their Emerald guitar for the owner photos layout. I need to receive all photos prior to June 14 in order for then to be included. If you have not yet done so, and wish to submit one, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Drats.... I may or may not have my new one by that deadline.

I will definitely send you one prior to that deadline and then if I get my new one I'll send you another.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Good timing. We just had a professional photo shoot for new band photos. Where do you want me to send them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Drats.... I may or may not have my new one by that deadline.

I will definitely send you one prior to that deadline and then if I get my new one I'll send you another.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago
Sending PMs to you both now...thanks.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:01 PM

Hmmn, I happen to have one that was taken the day I recieved my Chimaera

Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber