The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-05-2015, 06:48 PM

Default Tuners/Buttons

I dont like a lot of weight on my headstock.
"A lot," is subjective. But the less metal, the better for me. Why Gibson puts those ugly and heavy silver mushroom things on many models is beyond me.

Usually I swap my tuners for white or cream button Klusons (like on a j-45).

So my question: If I buy some great Schaller/Waverly tuners (open back, butter bean, 1:18)...will the metal buttons come off as can be done when swapping on plastic for plastic styles???
Old 06-05-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU View Post
I dont like a lot of weight on my headstock.
"A lot," is subjective. But the less metal, the better for me. Why Gibson puts those ugly and heavy silver mushroom things on many models is beyond me.

Usually I swap my tuners for white or cream button Klusons (like on a j-45).

So my question: If I buy some great Schaller/Waverly tuners (open back, butter bean, 1:18)...will the metal buttons come off as can be done when swapping on plastic for plastic styles???
Not with the open back, "butterbean" style of Waverly or Schaller Grand Tune. But both are available with ivoroid plastic buttons. The Waverlies are available with ebony or snakewood buttons.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair