The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by three4rd View Post
Several questions about having this done...

1) Does it cover up the label inside the guitar at all?

2) What is visible from the outside of the guitar once it's installed?

3) Does it affect the sound / intonation / action of the guitar (especially when played unplugged?)

I'm hoping I did the right thing by having this put in my new Froggy. I will not be happy if the signed label is covered up in any way and also if the sound is any different.
If you've already had a K&K installed, why are you asking these questions? You already have the answers, right there in your hands.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 05-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
…I'm sure it's not the best amp for this guitar but really didn't plan to buy an acoustic amp.Was hoping for a bit more of a natural, less electric sound.
Hi 34d

Amps make a WORLD of difference.

Electric amps are made for hot, driven sound and acoustic amps are made for clean-ness full-ness and natural-ness.

The expanded and more balanced frequency range and full-ness of an acoustic amp will be noticeably better than an electric amp (less so if you have a mag pickup).

I own several acoustic amps, and electric amps. My electric guitars sound best through the electric amps, and the acoustic guitars sound lame through the electric amps…

Hope you find the sound you are looking for…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-13-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee1404 View Post
If you've already had a K&K installed, why are you asking these questions? You already have the answers, right there in your hands.
Questions were before I had the installation done.....
Old 05-13-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi 34d

Amps make a WORLD of difference.

Electric amps are made for hot, driven sound and acoustic amps are made for clean-ness full-ness and natural-ness.

The expanded and more balanced frequency range and full-ness of an acoustic amp will be noticeably better than an electric amp (less so if you have a mag pickup).

I own several acoustic amps, and electric amps. My electric guitars sound best through the electric amps, and the acoustic guitars sound lame through the electric amps…

Hope you find the sound you are looking for…

Thanks Larry. I appreciate your thoughts. The Fender amp has a 2nd channel that is listed in my owner's manual as being a "lower impedance / sensitivity input for guitars with active pickups". I've never used other than the main channel, so worth a try on the 2nd. With the K&K, it's almost like a case of going from no gain and then suddenly too much.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:33 PM

I have 2 J45 with K&K. I did look under sound hole with mirror to see
location. I think one is louder than the other. Could be the wood, the
year etc, but, I got to wonder if it is K&K location.

Wonder if they can be removed, and re-applied
Old 05-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks Larry. I appreciate your thoughts. The Fender amp has a 2nd channel that is listed in my owner's manual as being a "lower impedance / sensitivity input for guitars with active pickups". I've never used other than the main channel, so worth a try on the 2nd. With the K&K, it's almost like a case of going from no gain and then suddenly too much.
Hi 34d

Please…keep us posted…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification