The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-14-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
Before you decide you need to buy a tuner to buffer your signal before you go into the Venue, try the Venue without a buffer to see if in fact you think you need something. The Polytune, like the Boss tuner, has a 1 meg Ohm input impedance, but the 10 meg Ohm input impedance of the Venue is also correct for the K&K. K&K claims that 1 meg Ohm is best for the pickup, and some people hear a difference between 1 and 10 meg Ohms in terms of bass response (too much at 10, just right at 1). Others don't. See what your ears tell you, and then act in accordance with them.

Louis

As Louis says! What’s more the eq and buffering abilities of the Venue will allow you to dial in a great sound. The thing with the Pure Mini and a higher impedance input is that you often get a very rich, low end. This may or may not be to your advantage. I used to almost always use the piezo setting on my Pz-pre for the Pure Mini and then roll off the bass a little (and bring it up on my Taylor’s own eq if I was using both at a gig) but nowadays I just leave it and smoothen our the tone with the eq. If you are playing solo gigs or in a band setting then your eq will probably change anyway!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 05-15-2018, 03:03 PM

Thanks guys for all the replies and advice. Have ordered the Baggs so will see how it goes.

Thanks again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification