The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-22-2014, 07:44 PM

Default What year is this Yamaha FG-180 from?

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forums but I thought I would ask because myself and my father have been curious for a while. My dad bought a red label Nippon Gakki Yamaha FG-180 in the 1980s. It's been his primary acoustic guitar ever since, and I'm pretty sure it has been his only acoustic ever since he bought it. It's been used on countless recordings that he's done over the years, and it's been on loads of vacations. It's a workhorse, and it's super beat up. There's a serial number on the heel of the neck that reads "1416476". That number is pretty clear. There's also a number on the left of the inside of the body, that is very hard to see, and to read. I managed to get a picture of it, but the number is pretty illegible. I've posted a picture of it. My question is: what year was this guitar made? The serial on the neck doesn't match any of the guides on Yamaha's website.

Any help is appreciated!

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bx8inedbz...9ipLPDoua?dl=0

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
fg-180, nippon gakki, red label, serial, yamaha