The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-29-2024, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Default New Rainsongs Available

I wanted to let other CF fans know that Ted at LA Guitar Sales has a dozen interesting new Rainsongs available for sale...https://www.laguitarsales.com/index....itars.html?p=1
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-01-2024, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, RP.

Man, they have one I want...
Old 03-01-2024, 07:21 AM

Yikes…those prices! Seems a wee bit overinflated!
Old 03-01-2024, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah1F View Post
It comes down to how badly you want want an unused Rainsong guitar, I guess.
Rainsong Flamenco Nylon (SN#120)
Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE (GXi)
Cordoba Stage
Enya NexG 2, Mountain Guitar, Luna Tribal
Old 03-01-2024, 08:08 AM

To rich for my tastes.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah1F View Post
Totally. Especially since you can't get any support anymore from Rainsong if something were to go wrong with them. That APSE is $1k over what the list was....but if people really want a Rainsong, then they can reach deep into their pockets.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

In my experience Ted will work with you on a price..........
Old 03-01-2024, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crnazz View Post
I agree....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-01-2024, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crnazz View Post
I contacted him and he wasn't willing to work on the price of them at all. FYI.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile640 View Post
I contacted him and he wasn't willing to work on the price of them at all. FYI.
That doesn’t particularly surprise me. He’s got a baker’s dozen of the last brand new Rainsongs in existence (barring any stragglers at former dealers). Why would he have any incentive to negotiate on price?

If he’s still got some in a few months, it might be a different story.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 03-04-2024, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Those prices haven’t changed for a long time. Kudos to Ted for sticking with those prices. I just picked up a used V-DR1100N2 and it is incredible. I kind of wish I would have bought the one Ted has. I didn’t know he had the last of em.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:04 AM

Default Late Dec 23 Delivery

I think I may have received the last OM-N1 that will ever be DTC, probably any OM for that matter. I am so happy with it -- it arrived perfect in every way right b4 xmas. Action was like CAD/CAM perfect down the whole neck. My fav neck of my small quiver. Nice little discount too! Grateful to have it! Just Retro'd it up and it's a sweet FP'er. I would not even have it if my Martin HPL didn't totally loose its composure in Central America temp/Humid swings in early Dec. Talked to a girl 'that' night; she said, "ever heard of RS -- I ordered one for my BF?" (awesome GF, right!?). Did a deep dive for a day online, checked RS website, all out of stock. I called Dave; on the call he goes, "yup, all out," then immediately goes, "oh!, wow!, an OM-N1 just hit my browser; prob last ever!" I nabbed it online immediately, while we were talking! It hit the website for only 30 seconds maybe, while emails from RS went to many folks that asked to be notified when available, self included. Universe delivers once again!! My Martin HPL crumbled, under cover, and inside, indirectly from the rain, while I was singing and playing next to rain; then two weeks later I own a "Rainsong" that's totally immune to it! I just dig that whole unfolding!! Cheers!
Old 04-18-2024, 09:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX/CRsong View Post
I think I may have received the last OM-N1 that will ever be DTC, probably any OM for that matter. I am so happy with it -- it arrived perfect in every way right b4 xmas. Action was like CAD/CAM perfect down the whole neck. My fav neck of my small quiver. Nice little discount too! Grateful to have it! Just Retro'd it up and it's a sweet FP'er. I would not even have it if my Martin HPL didn't totally loose its composure in Central America temp/Humid swings in early Dec. Talked to a girl 'that' night; she said, "ever heard of RS -- I ordered one for my BF?" (awesome GF, right!?). Did a deep dive for a day online, checked RS website, all out of stock. I called Dave; on the call he goes, "yup, all out," then immediately goes, "oh!, wow!, an OM-N1 just hit my browser; prob last ever!" I nabbed it online immediately, while we were talking! It hit the website for only 30 seconds maybe, while emails from RS went to many folks that asked to be notified when available, self included. Universe delivers once again!! My Martin HPL crumbled, under cover, and inside, indirectly from the rain, while I was singing and playing next to rain; then two weeks later I own a "Rainsong" that's totally immune to it! I just dig that whole unfolding!! Cheers!
That is a lot of initials.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX/CRsong View Post
Glad you're enjoying your OM. I'm sure enjoying mine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber