The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-07-2021, 06:23 PM

Default Help identifying a possibly vintage Fender acoustic

I bought a Fender acoustic off of Craigslist the other day and am trying to figure out what model it is/when it was made. The label inside the soundhole has fallen off, and the guitar doesn't seem to have any other markings. It is smaller in size, almost like a parlor, though maybe slightly larger. The fretboard has diamond shaped inlays, which is a feature I haven't been able to identify on any photos of smaller Fenders that I've found online. It looks very similar to a CP60s, but the CP60s doesn't have the same inlays. My guitar also does not have a pickguard. It seems to be an older model, judging by the slight patina of the tuning keys, yellowing of plastic, etc. I've attached some photos, hopefully y'all can help me figure this out!
Thanks
Below are the images:
https://imgur.com/a/BE5mMnh

Last edited by doodoohead; 11-07-2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:45 PM

By the way, if anyone can explain a better way to post pics let me know!
Just realized the website I used is kinda sketchy...
Old 11-07-2021, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

I don't know about imgur being sketchy, but...

I clicked on your link and then right clicked on "open image in a new tab".

Using img tags and the URL of the image that opened, I got this:

-Mike
Old 11-07-2021, 08:46 PM

Hey Mike, I couldn't figure out how to embed the images in my post, so I used Imgur. However, it looks like the link I included only links to one image, rather than the gallery I uploaded. If you have any advice on how to embed images or link a gallery that would be great. Thanks
Old 11-07-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodoohead View Post
Hey Mike, I couldn't figure out how to embed the images in my post, so I used Imgur. However, it looks like the link I included only links to one image, rather than the gallery I uploaded. If you have any advice on how to embed images or link a gallery that would be great. Thanks
Nevermind, looks like if you scroll down on the link I initially provided you can see all the images. Got any idea about the guitar?
Old 11-07-2021, 10:33 PM

I guess it depends on how you define the word “vintage,” but this is not an especially old guitar; it’s 1990’s manufacture at the most recent, and is probably more recent than that. It’s an Asian-made import that Fender brought in.

whm
Old 11-08-2021, 09:11 AM

Fender did not offer acoustic guitars with their name on the headstock until the early-1960s. These first guitars were generally easily distinguished by bolt-on necks, Strat-style headstocks and the "broomstick" brace which ran the length of the body. Late in the decade Harmony began supplying Fender with acoustics. These were generally standard Harmony models such as the H165 and Sovereign H1260 with some different bling such as pickguard, rosette and in the case of the Sovereign a burst finish.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
fender, identifying, parlor, vintage