The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-11-2020, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
I just picked up a Farida 0T—22W. It’s only been a few days but this is a lot of guitar for the money. Perfect for Country blues and a surprisingly good strummer, too. Purchased it online from Elderly instruments based on input from Mick and others here on AGF. Highly recommended.
They really are something special aren’t they?
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 01-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

At least check out Eastman’s E20 oo and E10 oo offerings. Great guitars regardless of price. Need to like a thick neck though.
Larrivee P03 sitka/hog,simple 6 OM & OM 09
Eastman E100ss-sb
Gibson J185 & 2016 J35
Fender player plus telecaster & Mustang P90
Gretsch MIK 5622T
Old 01-25-2020, 12:21 AM

Wink Guitar Center Northwood is gone, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdavies View Post

There is also a used Northwood in Guitar Centers listing at a good price. It has been tempting me for a while so you might be able to get it for a better price than listed. I have owned a Northwood guitar and it was an excellent instrument.
The Guitar Center Northwood is gone, I snagged the Northwood 00 concert sized cutaway with K&K PU for a travel and gigging guitar. I just heard back from John at Northwood and he says it was a custom 2012 build of (port oxford) cedar over walnut. It needs a tiny bit of tweaking but is a fantastic guitar and stoked I took the gamble not knowing what I was really buying. The Northwoods sell new for $3K to $4k+ and you can find a good assortment from Kenn Fox, of Paramount Guitar, who is a great knowledgeable and honest retailer of wonderful quality guitars. If you look hard and are patient, you might find a Northwood for less than $2K used. Used boutique guitars can be had for under $2K used if you are willing to stray from the big names, I think many of them are great bargains.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:05 AM

Ive have Martin, Gibson, Larrivee, and a custom made Parlor, small body guitars. My favorite is my Larrivee 00-40M 12 fret (spruce/mahogany). It plays cleanly or can growl. It also handles a slide well. I’m mainly a fingerstyle player but I can use a pick on it with authority given its size. The only caveat might be that this is a long scale guitar while some folks might like a shorter scale.
For blues I much prefer mahogany body guitars over rosewood or walnut.
I have all my guitars on stands or hanging and I grab this Larrivee most of the time. I also have a Larrivee OM which is also a great guitar.

Blues

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
blues fingerstyle, fingerstyle, parlor