The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-27-2022, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD

Well I've had a few days with X4 Pro and like Sprucetop said it comes packed well and mine came with the action set almost to my liking. And I have found that it sounds just fine digging in with my strumming. I know Jack will be fine with his HPL but others might not. I could not find one flaw on the case or guitar. It is a little heavy and really if you look at the girl walking with the case on her back until she finds a place to sit down to play I'm sure she was out of breath by the time she got there....lol This will serve the purpose for what I bought it for. I am sure Retro's will work well with the X4 Pro. I am happy with my purchase of $599.00 for this guitar.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Yes the Enya sounds very bassy on all the demo videos. Several people have also said it breaks up and gets muddy when you really dig in and strum. That's another red flag for me.
Jack, I wish you had asked me about my Enya breaking up. Mine doesn't break up any more than any other guitar I have when I play it hard. Maybe I got a holy grail Enya?

It's almost like the Enya X4 Pro has become the guitar equivalent of a Trance Amulet M system: fraught with mystery, esoterica, and hearsay.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 12-27-2022, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM View Post
Well I've had a few days with X4 Pro and like Sprucetop said it comes packed well and mine came with the action set almost to my liking. And I have found that it sounds just fine digging in with my strumming. I know Jack will be fine with his HPL but others might not. I could not find one flaw on the case or guitar. It is a little heavy and really if you look at the girl walking with the case on her back until she finds a place to sit down to play I'm sure she was out of breath by the time she got there....lol This will serve the purpose for what I bought it for. I am sure Retro's will work well with the X4 Pro. I am happy with my purchase of $599.00 for this guitar.
Glad you like it! Do you feel as do I that an Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus is an exceptional value in low-cost guitars? I'm still amazed at this thing!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 12-27-2022, 10:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Glad you like it! Do you feel as do I that an Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus is an exceptional value in low-cost guitars? I'm still amazed at this thing!
I do feel like I stole it at the price I bought it for. The X4Pro does feel to me like playing a cross between an electric and acoustic at times because how the neck feels while playing. I'm taking her tomorrow to meet her Rainsong brother in the mountains and see how they compare to each other.....but does that really matter, it's about different flavors..... FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC
Old 12-28-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Jack, I wish you had asked me about my Enya breaking up. Mine doesn't break up any more than any other guitar I have when I play it hard. Maybe I got a holy grail Enya?

It's almost like the Enya X4 Pro has become the guitar equivalent of a Trance Amulet M system: fraught with mystery, esoterica, and hearsay.
I'm just relaying what I heard repeated on several video reviews. Maybe breaking up isn't the right word. I think they said it gets muddy and the individual notes lose definition. I'm also sure some reviewers said the guitar sounds better when finger picked softly.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
I'm just relaying what I heard repeated on several video reviews. Maybe breaking up isn't the right word. I think they said it gets muddy and the individual notes lose definition. I'm also sure some reviewers said the guitar sounds better when finger picked softly.
Thanks, for clarifying that, Jack. The problem I seem to have with guitars and gear is that I don't experience many of the problems other players relate they have with the same stuff.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 12-30-2022, 08:17 PM

Smile CRM's statement "I do feel like I stole it at the price I bought it for"

Quote:
I do feel like I stole it at the price I bought it for.
I started watching the Enya X4 Pro earlier in the year when it was going for $900 on Amazon. It sounded like a great fit for me to use in prison where I have been entering one or more times a week with my Korean Parkwood dreadnought which is certainly showing its age cosmetically, though it still sounds good. I liked the idea of not being concerned about temperature and humidity as well.

Leading up to the holidays, I began to see it for $600, then even $500, then $600, then $500, . . . back and forth! At $500 I was so tempted, but my wife said "You don't need another guitar!" (I suppose she's right, but I'm down to 3 at the moment; she didn't want me going back up . . . ) Then the price went to $720 about a week before Christmas and stayed there for several days, but on Christmas eve it dropped back to $500 and I pulled the trigger. (No more indecision!)

They are telling me it will arrive in late January or early February. I'm ok with the wait. But I must say I am eager to get it!

Like CRM said, I feel like it was a steal at $500, hardshell case included. Amazing! Especially if it is as good as I've been hearing on forums and in YouTube reviews.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

benhemp

Go cancel your order you have been scammed. If they haven't shipped it yet you can cancel. They some how hijack the selling page. When you go on Amazon Enya page you got to select from other buyers then it will show Enya as the seller and Amazon shipping,,,Thats the one you want to select to buy from at a price of 599 and it's only a 4 day wait on shipping.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Enya now has a 36-inch-length travel-style guitar. The following link worked yesterday to bring viewers to the 36-inch X4 Mini page but the link now takes us to the regular Enya X4 Pro page. Maybe the the 36-inch Mini which was In Stock yesterday got sold out or actually wasn't yet available for sale and Enya/Amazon removed the X4 Mini page? Enya Carbon Fiber Acoustic Electric Guitar X4 Pro Mini AcousticPlus 36” 3/4-Sized Guitar Bundle with Hard Case, Leather Strap, Instrument Cable & USB Type-C Charging Cable(X4 PRO MINI)

Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5

Last edited by SpruceTop; 01-01-2023 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
benhemp

Go cancel your order you have been scammed. If they haven't shipped it yet you can cancel. They some how hijack the selling page. When you go on Amazon Enya page you got to select from other buyers then it will show Enya as the seller and Amazon shipping,,,Thats the one you want to select to buy from at a price of 599 and it's only a 4 day wait on shipping.

I just ordered one for $599 from Enya and shipped by Amazon, not the scam sellers.
Old 12-31-2022, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Even if my Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus didn't have the actuator circuitry as part of its features (to me it's fun but not necessary and adds extra weight), just the acoustic and amplified tone and the feel of this guitar make it one of my favorites to play. My other carbon and carbon-composite guitars IMHO aren't really worth over 3x to 4x their higher cost over the Enya X4 Pro. Materially, of course, a high-end RainSong or Emerald with more actual carbon fiber is going to cost much more than the Enya X4 which has just a carbon fiber top. It would be interesting if other Enya X4 owners would post their comparative assessment of the tone and feel of their Enya X4 with their other carbon guitars/carbon-composite guitars. Thanks!

What materials are the back and sides?
Old 01-01-2023, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
What materials are the back and sides?
Hi David, it's a molded, clean-as-can-be, one-piece body made from a composite of some sort. The composite could be ground-up carbon fiber mixed with other particles and resin. The body reminds me of an Ovation one-piece bowl. A look at the underside of the carbon-fiber top reminds me of a Composite Acoustics-like bracing system and a RainSong-like layering of carbon fiber in the bridgeplate and central area of the top. IMHO, the overall attention to detail in both the inside and outside construction and assembly of this guitar is outstanding given its price range or a higher price range. The way I see it the only quibbles some players may have is the 1 11/16-inch-wide fingerboard at the nut may not suit them and the fact that the guitar is made in Communist China by a wholly Chinese (I think) company. Then again, to put this in perspective, given the opportunity for cheaper labor costs and tax credits many American companies couldn't move their manufacturing to Communist China fast enough during the 1980s, 1990s, and later.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5

Last edited by SpruceTop; 01-01-2023 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:58 AM

Unhappy the seller claims to have shipped already; what to do?

Quote:
benhemp

I didn't realize any scam existed. I made my purchase on 12/24, and a day or so later it said that the item had shipped, although the delivery date is a month to a month and a half out.

When you say it is a scam, are you saying that the guitar won't be coming? Or are you saying that it won't be the legitimate Enya EA X4? If I'm getting the same goods after a month to a month and a half wait, I guess I'm ok with that. It's not the end of the world.

I suppose I could try to contact Amazon to back out, but is it too late to do that? Of course, if the goods never come, I assume Amazon will make good on a refund.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
benhemp
Old 01-02-2023, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

There's a "cancel order" button on Amazon, just look at your orders.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhemp View Post
I didn't realize any scam existed. I made my purchase on 12/24, and a day or so later it said that the item had shipped, although the delivery date is a month to a month and a half out.

When you say it is a scam, are you saying that the guitar won't be coming? Or are you saying that it won't be the legitimate Enya EA X4? If I'm getting the same goods after a month to a month and a half wait, I guess I'm ok with that. It's not the end of the world.

I suppose I could try to contact Amazon to back out, but is it too late to do that? Of course, if the goods never come, I assume Amazon will make good on a refund.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
benhemp

I had read a couple of reviews under the sellers reviews before it had been removed where the reviews said that they waited for the guitar to be delivered and when they asked the seller where their package was, they told them that it was lost in shipping and one guy said he got an envelope with his tracking number. I would get a hold of Amazon to start your process of getting your money back.....I can't understand how Amazon can allow this type of scam to exist they must have a flaw in their programming.

I almost fell for it myself but anything that looks to good to be true is usually a come on, And Amazon is loosing a lot of money with these scams I'm sure

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber