The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-14-2022, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpa53 View Post
With some expected Christmas and birthday money I was all geared up to get an Everse 8 amp as a backup to my 330x. Now this deal shows up! But do I really need a fourth guitar? Ah, but do I need a second amp, either? Too many choices.
The answer to both questions is... yes. The heart wants what the heart wants. In our house, the heart gets what the budget allows.
Old 12-17-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
...In our house, the heart gets what the budget allows.
That's what my financial advisor keeps telling me ... and even my wife!
2009 Hoffman SJ
2011 Hoffman SJ 12

https://paulashley.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulAshley
https://www.reverbnation.com/paulashley
Old 12-21-2022, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Default Dang You

I've been eyeing these for a couple of years now and after reading this thread several times and telling myself I didn't need another guitar I went ahead and bought one yesterday. It will be delivered tomorrow. The main reason I bought it, I have been down to only one guitar now for 3 years and had a party this last weekend and several of my guests played but I didn't have anything for us to play (left my rainsong at the lake house) Duh....That won't happen again. My daughters new boyfriend plays at clubs in Newport Beach and such so it was a let down not having some strings to play. I'll give a review after I've had time to play it and will see if it has any setup issues to resolve. If you do buy one of these ya got to make sure your buying from their store with Amazon being the shipper or you will be taken for a ride getting your money back. It was down at 599 when I bought and a scammer had them for 580 and heck even one guy had it at 130...........Yep be careful
Old 12-21-2022, 04:36 PM

Default Enya Customer Service

I just want to chime in here regarding the comments about Enya's customer service. About 2 years ago I purchased an X3 direct from Enya. They promptly answered all my pre-sale questions within hours.

I had a situation where they needed to either ship the guitar immediately or delay shipping for a few days. They sent it immediately via 2nd day shipping at no charge.

My impression is that the US office only has one or two people, but they have been nothing but responsive to my pre and post sale questions.
Old 12-25-2022, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

For some fun I have uploaded a holiday version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen in Open D. One version is my John Kinnaird West Coast OM the other is the Enya X4.

I do prefer the JK. But for the price, and being carbon I feel the Enya does pretty well. Both recorded with a DPA core 4099 although I didn't spend a lot of time messing around on either for positioning.

For the Enya this is straight guitar no effects turned on. I will say that I do notice the difference in string spacing as it was a bit trickier for me to stay clean on the Enya.

https://on.soundcloud.com/oCXE3

https://on.soundcloud.com/xF2AE

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Aspiring; 12-25-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
For some fun I have uploaded a holiday version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen in Open D. One version is my John Kinnaird West Coast OM the other is the Enya X4.

I do prefer the JK. But for the price, and being carbon I feel the Enya does pretty well. Both recorded with a DPA core 4099 although I didn't spend a lot of time messing around on either for positioning.

For the Enya this is straight guitar no effects turned on. I will say that I do notice the difference in string spacing as it was a bit trickier for me to stay clean on the Enya.

Merry Christmas!
Well done! I say if you primarily play fingerstyle and dont mind the narrow nut and could use a carbon fiber guitar, then this would be a good choice for you. For me, the narrow nut always ends up getting me in the end. I've tried many times, but I just need that extra spacing to get clean fretting.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Merry Christmas!
Thanks for doing this! In your two demos, I hear the Enya X4 Pro as being no slouch compared to the Kinnaird OM. I went back and forth between the demos and would prefer one guitar over the other and then further listening would reverse my preference. I think your demos help to solidify the Enya X4 Pro as being a wonderful value for those willing to take a chance on buying one. For folks who prefer a wider fingerboard at the nut than 1 11/16", it's too bad Enya doesn't make a model with a 1 3/4" width option.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 12-26-2022, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Possible Scam?

The following China-based listing is the only one I currently see for the Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus model. Could it be that ALL U.S.A.-based stock sold out during the holiday season? Buyer Beware as some AGFers say that the following link is a scammer even though it's listed on Amazon. PSA: The Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus is selling today (12/26/2022 for $580.99 which is the lowest price I've seen it sell for to date. https://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Elec...2eaf37afa&th=1
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5

Last edited by SpruceTop; 12-26-2022 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
PSA: The Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus is selling today (12/26/2022 for $580.99 which is the lowest price I've seen it sell for to date. https://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Elec...2eaf37afa&th=1
that particular seller is a scammer. Make sure you are not buying from China.
Old 12-26-2022, 01:00 PM

100% agree that seller is a scammer. https://www.amazon.com/sp?ie=UTF8&se..._merchant_link

I suggest getting a hold of Enya in the US to see what price they will give you for an X4.
Old 12-26-2022, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the above information and I've revised my OP to include the scammer angle.

The following China-based listing is the only one I currently see on Amazon for the Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus model. Could it be that ALL U.S.A.-based stock sold out during the holiday season? Buyer Beware as some AGFers say that the following link is a scammer even though it's listed on Amazon. PSA: The Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus is selling today (12/26/2022 for $580.99 which is the lowest price I've seen it sell for to date. https://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Elec...2eaf37afa&th=1
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 12-26-2022, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

If you go to that link which is Enya page even though it shows the scammer as the seller..........click on other sellers on the page and it will bring up Enya with a selling price of $599 at this time shipped by Amazon
Old 12-26-2022, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Well done! I say if you primarily play fingerstyle and dont mind the narrow nut and could use a carbon fiber guitar, then this would be a good choice for you. For me, the narrow nut always ends up getting me in the end. I've tried many times, but I just need that extra spacing to get clean fretting.
Thanks that is a fun version to play.

I'm with you on the narrow nut. I am predominantly fingerstyle and have relatively large hands.

I can definitely tell that I like the 46mm (1 13/16) spacing the best. But I also find that playing on the narrow nut is good practice too.

Also the Enya I find quite playable for the narrower nut width compared to others I've tried in this range.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Thanks for doing this! In your two demos, I hear the Enya X4 Pro as being no slouch compared to the Kinnaird OM. I went back and forth between the demos and would prefer one guitar over the other and then further listening would reverse my preference. I think your demos help to solidify the Enya X4 Pro as being a wonderful value for those willing to take a chance on buying one. For folks who prefer a wider fingerboard at the nut than 1 11/16", it's too bad Enya doesn't make a model with a 1 3/4" width option.
One thing I like about the Enya, there is a lot of Bass on tap. In my style I tend to be weaker on my bass so I like having it there to bring out easily.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
One thing I like about the Enya, there is a lot of Bass on tap. In my style I tend to be weaker on my bass so I like having it there to bring out easily.
Yes the Enya sounds very bassy on all the demo videos. Several people have also said it breaks up and gets muddy when you really dig in and strum. That's another red flag for me. Meanwhile we just had 4 days of freezing temps with the heat constantly on and my HPL Martin is still perfectly in tune

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber