The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-30-2019, 12:27 AM

Many thanks for all the great responses. Having done some more reading I've decided for now to try some bluegrass and medium strings and probably ebony bridge pins and see if that does anything. To be honest I'm scared to mess with the nut and saddle because I like the way the guitar feels now. Just looking for a slightly fuller sound and can't afford an upgrade to a bigger body guitar right this second.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:53 AM

My GPCPA4 has the Fishman F1 analog, and I was able to easy slide the pickup element out, cover it and tape it inside the guitar. Then I put a bone saddle in.

I am not sure how much of the change of sound is the bone saddle, or removal of the braided pickup element. But the guitar gained a slight bit of volume. However the overall timbre of the instrument remained the same. The whole spectrum from bass to treble gained equal amounts of volume.

I might try Wade's advice and throw some bluegrass strings on there next, seems like a worth-while and simple trial.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion