The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-31-2014, 04:46 AM

Default Recorded music for a play

This week I worked with a playwright to arrange and record music for his play. Pretty interesting. The play is set in the deep south in the 1940s/50s so the music was old time country & blues. There were 19 different clips that needed to be recorded. Had to work around parameters like "this song is 60 seconds long - with a 10 second intro".

There were 19 different pieces that were needed. The shortest was 15 seconds and the longest was 4 minutes. Had a GREAT fiddler (Justin Branum) come over to the house and play on this with me. I'd made charts for him and watched the clock while we played. Knocked it out in 3 hours.

Lot of work and a lot of fun.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:16 AM

Here's one of the tunes we recorded last night. Amazing fiddling!

Old 10-31-2014, 06:59 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Welcome to the wacky world of scoring! Sounds great on my little laptop. There was a recent AGF thread on 'who is your audience?' a little earlier. I didn't post because I couldn't figure out how to say that my audience was in the millions but I could only identify a set of demographics and a market share because my scores play on TV.

In for a penny, in for a pound! The next thing you know you'll be answering jingle calls like,

"Doughnut :30 with a :20 hole at :05."

That would be a thirty second spot (twenty-nine and a half seconds, agency length) with a vamp in the middle containing no melody or lyrics for twenty seconds that begins at the fifth second.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD