The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 04-16-2022, 07:08 PM

Here you go:

https://imgur.com/a/Tg1Rflu

The screw holes are from when I had a floating pickup mounted there, these days I'm playing it as an acoustic only...
Old 04-17-2022, 04:51 AM

Thanks, that does look very different (and more elegant). Does your fretboard slope downwards a bit there, or is that an optic illusion?

It seems floating part of the "extension block" in yours starts about where they cut it to put a 2nd block for holding the pickup on the *50 models. You thought the difference could be related to the internal structure related to the cut-away, but I just realised it can also be a sort of minimal compromise to limit feedback when playing electrified. Next time I take off the PU I'll try to see how its support is attached to the top and if it's safe to detach it.

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 04-17-2022, 10:09 AM

I just laid a ruler on that part of the fretboard, to see if it is sloping down - nope, it's straight, I guess it's just the angle, or the camera on my phone that causes this illusion...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops