The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 06-22-2019, 09:47 PM

You can't go wrong buying from Mim. She does excellent setup work, and will work with you to help you find the right uke. Honest to a fault. She and I have been internet friends for a good decade or so.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
Can anyone recommend a beginner ukulele? My daughter is begging for one and I can't say no...it's a musical instrument! Saying no would be like saying "no" if they ask you if they can read or study math!

I don't want a cheap cheap one, and I am partial to Martin or at least one made in USA. Thanks..
Anything that is on Amazon that is about $100 will suffice. That is what I started with and been using it for about 2 years. Going to upgrade in a couple of weeks.

I picked it for it had the highest reviews. Don't recall the model but just search for Ukuleles on Amazon and sort by reviews. Also mine is a tenor. I don't advise Baritone for the tuning is different.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:47 PM

I am partial to Kala brand ukes which you can get through Amazon. I have two solid mahogany (actually sapele) tenors, one of which is on loan to and touring with the Box Tops. They range from around $50 to well over $400 and I've never come across a bad one. My younger sister who loves to play uke swears by them.

Luna also makes nice ukes and my daughter has one of those.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:44 PM

That is good to hear, Phil. I just ordered this one this afternoon and will get it in a couple weeks: https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-...p-cutaway.html

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments