The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-06-2013, 02:51 PM

Default takamine g330

so i've read some varying reports on this model - it's a g330 NOT a gS330 or g330s or whatever is supposed to indicate a solid top.

just trying to figure out what the materials are on this guy, but the G line is apparently a weird serial # system and the site i found can't give me info on this guitar.

anyone know the specs are on the plain old g330 - serial # 60814519 ? i have sent an e-mail to Takamine but haven't gotten a reply yet. thought someone here might know how to crack the code.

Cheers!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 AM

As far as i know takamine adds S for solid top guitars.
So it would need to be g330s for solid top and g330sc for solid top cutaway.
The G330 is from the 90s made in Taiwan,it has a spruce top(not solid) and laminated Nato sides and back.

Last edited by adiben; 08-07-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:43 PM

Default Vintage Takamine Lawsuit Acoustic

I have a G330 in mint condition that was made in 1982. I sadly was a “play it occasionally on weekends with friends “ type of player so it’s in awesome condition and still sounds great for a guitar that’s 35 years old. I’m trying to figure where this old girl should end up. Both local guitar shops I have taken it to said they’d give me a few hundred bucks because it is so rare to find one this old in such good condition that they claimed it was hard to price it. (I feel this is BS) Does anyone know if there’s any collector value to this? It’s an awesome guitar with amazing sound so I feel like I’d rather be buried with it than to sell it to one of these guys. Am I being too sentimental about this old girl?.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:41 PM

Default Betsy’s Takamine G330

B-I have played that same model for 20 yrs and have tracked its value. I suggest you can sell easily sell for $300, and may even realize up to $400 due to daily playability and versatility of that guitar. Of course I’m biased!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion