The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 PM

Default Breedlove guitar neck question

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to DIY detach the neck off the body without the helping hand of the guitar tech?

I have no idea if the Breedlove neck (Pro Series C25/CRH) has been glued to the body like most of the other guitars (for example Martin) or it's been screwed on like Taylor?

The reason is I plan to take them apart so I can put them in all in a luggage just like I did to my Taylor Bigbaby few years back on my flight to the Orient.

Thanks for anyone who wants to chime in
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM

I believe most (if not all) Breedloves use a standard glued in dovetail joint (like Martin). I'm not entirely sure about the Pro series, but I know my Atlas series has a dovetail joint.

Ben
Old 01-30-2013, 05:50 PM

Thank you Ben, that's what I'm afraid of when took a closer look at the joint :-(

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair