The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackett Instruments View Post
I could really make a mess in 1000 sq feet. My 240 sq foot shop is hard enough to keep clean.
My biggest "Yea" is I will be able to upgrade my dust collection from a rolling shop vac.
I started taking down the drywall that separates the rooms ( I have a wall with folding doors splitting 25x25 into roughly 2)12x25 rooms. ) The whole wall is drywall screws. Easy Pezee to take apart, no joint compound was ever used. Then my brain started thinking......... I may leave up the wall. I'll turn 1/4 of the old shop into a spray room. I am getting tired of French Polish! I'll just move the table saw and joiner and such into the new room.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Hey, John,

I emailed you on this but I say put the booth by the window in the back. The rest of that can be open for storage of tools, jigs, molds, etc. I'd love to see how you're going to lay it all out where the studio is. You need some more lighting and electrical outlets though.

You also said you had workbenches. How about this: machinery on the sides, at least one workbench in the middle sort of like an operating table?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Dirty work in the front room. Glue ups and finishing in the back. Outlets are everywhere I even have 12 sockets in the ceiling. I think I have another heavy duty Postal table. I have another work bench and a heavy round work table. I might need more. We'll see after I get all the photo stuff outa' here.
Tuesday you can help me move the room stealing table saw!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair