The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-29-2019, 04:51 PM

What an amazing episode!

Old 04-29-2019, 06:22 PM

I watched and at the end my first reaction was..."That's it?" What a disappointment.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyguy View Post
Agree on the darkness. I'm still not clear if both or any of the dragons survived.
Same here. Still lots of other unclear or unanswered questions not to mention some stupid moments too.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
I watched and at the end my first reaction was..."That's it?" What a disappointment.
I enjoyed lots of scenes but “The Great War” suffered from budget cuts through dark scenes and confusing editing. My .02.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Here’s the link to the Episode 3 Game Revealed - HBO https://youtu.be/_3M0Xt97aFI
It’s fascinating to watch, and addresses comments made about the lighting, editing, “budget cuts”, etc.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 04-30-2019, 07:13 AM

I didn't see any of season 8 yet but I've seen spoilers on YouTube. I couldn't keep away. I don't know how they plan on wrapping up the series in 3 more episodes now unless there's a huge plot twist we don't see coming. This episode seemed to be the climax of the previous 7 years.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I didn't see any of season 8 yet but I've seen spoilers on YouTube. I couldn't keep away. I don't know how they plan on wrapping up the series in 3 more episodes now unless there's a huge plot twist we don't see coming. This episode seemed to be the climax of the previous 7 years.
Not really though. One could argue the White Walkers were a slightly less important part of the story compared to the fight over the Iron Throne. It looks like the last 3 episodes will resolve the latter.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 04-30-2019, 04:49 PM

I don't consider myself a "tv show" person. I started watching GOT because people at work wouldn't stop nagging me about it...that's all they ever wanted to talk about. I started watching before season 4 aired so I had to binge watch the first 3 seasons at that time. Season 8 Episode 3 was the most intense thing I ever seen in my life. I was literally on the edge of my seat from start to finish I think it was a masterpiece and I can't wait to watch it again on my next days off.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Not really though. One could argue the White Walkers were a slightly less important part of the story compared to the fight over the Iron Throne. It looks like the last 3 episodes will resolve the latter.
The Night King wanted the throne too though, didn't he? So the fight with him was part of the fight for the Iron Throne.
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 04-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars+gems View Post
The Night King wanted the throne too though, didn't he? So the fight with him was part of the fight for the Iron Throne.
He wanted to kill everyone. Not sure the throne means much when everyone's dead.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
He wanted to kill everyone. Not sure the throne means much when everyone's dead.
Hm...true enough. The Night King story is almost allegorical in that sense. I mean, all the fighting for thrones and power goes on until everyone is dead. No one can be sure of absolute power until all challengers are eliminated, and as long as there are people alive there is always the possibility of a challengers arising.
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 05-01-2019, 03:24 AM
Charter Member

I was irritated by the darkness while watching on Sunday night. But I watched it a second time on Monday afternoon and I then understood why it was so dark- so that the viewer could relate to what the participants were seeing/not seeing, and decided it was genius.

Another thing I noticed the second time around was the music; really nice music that added to what I was seeing. Not the usual GoT theme or a variation, but rather something new and different. Very nice! I completely missed it the first time.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:58 AM

Yes it's easy to get annoyed by the darkness but I think it really added to the atmosphere and chaos. Also if you make the entire room dark and adjust you TV's brightness a little, it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post
I was irritated by the darkness while watching on Sunday night. But I watched it a second time on Monday afternoon and I then understood why it was so dark- so that the viewer could relate to what the participants were seeing/not seeing, and decided it was genius.

Another thing I noticed the second time around was the music; really nice music that added to what I was seeing. Not the usual GoT theme or a variation, but rather something new and different. Very nice! I completely missed it the first time.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:59 AM

#TRUTH............................

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
I don't consider myself a "tv show" person. I started watching GOT because people at work wouldn't stop nagging me about it...that's all they ever wanted to talk about. I started watching before season 4 aired so I had to binge watch the first 3 seasons at that time. Season 8 Episode 3 was the most intense thing I ever seen in my life. I was literally on the edge of my seat from start to finish I think it was a masterpiece and I can't wait to watch it again on my next days off.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
Agreed, I almost wanted to post "meh" but was afraid I'd be (dragon style) flamed for that. Nice to see I'm not the only one.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic