The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-29-2010, 02:36 PM
*mahoganut*

Default MP3 iPod or equivalent for recording and playing music and audiobooks

My Sony Walkman MD recorder/player stopped recording about a year ago. It still plays my recorded MDs, but I have no way of recording more.

I've been considering the iPod equivalents, but keep getting lost in the details. So, I'm looking for experience and advice.

Here's the parameters:

1. PC not MAC based support (don't scoff; I just haven't changed yet)

2. Easy to record from CD-> PC-> device for audio CDs, music, etc. I hate using iTunes or Windows Media Player; they just don't seem "intuitive" to me - i.e. I can't just copy a file from here to there.

3. Easy to maintain sequence of audio CDs (e.g. most of my audio CDs are multiples, and I've found that at least one cheap SharperImage "iPod" kind of thing didn't keep the CDs nor chapters in order (WHAT??) and was hard to navigate.

4. 16gb plus microHDSD of ~32gb would be nice

5. 3.5mm (headphone) out

6. 3.5mm stereo mic input would be nice but not essential

7. 3.5mm line in for recording would be nice but not essential

Formats - I'm not savvy on this subject. I use Audacity to change formats, and know the Sony formats (AAC etc.) are at times not easily reformatted.

What else do I need to know, or ask?

Thanks...

Phil

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD