The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-20-2019, 08:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
Eagles fans have a history of throwing things at opposing players and fans like batteries and beer cans, boo injured players, booed their super bowl winning players this year, heck they even booed Santa Claus, assaulted a redskins fan / unofficial mascot, throwing snowballs at opposing players, the way they treated Andy Reid, acting like compete fools at the super bowl parade among many other things.

Here’s a great article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...proved-it/amp/
Hard core fans can be idiots anywhere. I’ve been a fan of a number of teams over the years and don’t find Philly fans to be worse than any others. And frankly, I’ve never seen a happier civic event ANYWHERE than both the Phillies 2008 parade and last year’s Super Bowl parade. Maybe it’s because Philly is more of a provincial blue collar city than places like New York and LA and DC, but fans there live and die with their teams. And because we’ve never had a real powerhouse in any sport, the rare championship is a cause for enormous celebration. Frankly, the spontaneous flooding of downtown Philly after the Super Bowl last year was better than the parade.

You can have your elite franchises - I’ll take being an Eagle, Phillie, 76er fan any day. I’m not a hockey fan so I don’t really follow the Flyers. But I dig their mascot...

-Ray

Last edited by Acousticado; 01-20-2019 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Rule #1
Old 01-20-2019, 08:02 PM

Hopefully NE can hang on,but if any coach deserves a Super Bowl, it’s Andy Reid.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:04 PM

Did not touch! But of course the ruling on the field will stand.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:09 PM

Well I’m pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Hard core fans can be idiots anywhere. I’ve been a fan of a number of teams over the years and don’t find Philly fans to be worse than any others. And frankly, I’ve never seen a happier civic event ANYWHERE than both the Phillies 2008 parade and last year’s Super Bowl parade. Maybe it’s because Philly is more of a provincial blue collar city than places like New York and LA and DC, but fans there live and die with their teams. And because we’ve never had a real powerhouse in any sport, the rare championship is a cause for enormous celebration. Frankly, the spontaneous flooding of downtown Philly after the Super Bowl last year was better than the parade.

You can have your elite franchises - I’ll take being an Eagle, Phillie, 76er fan any day. I’m not a hockey fan so I don’t really follow the Flyers. But I dig their mascot...

-Ray
I don’t care who someone roots for, it’s just sports and entertainment. One of my best friends I played football with in college is a huge Eagles fan and I like to give him grief and he makes fun of me for being a bandwagon Cowboys fan.

I’m glad you’ve got to experience the Eagles and Phillies win championships. Sports are fun when your team wins.

Last edited by Acousticado; 01-20-2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Removed text from edited quote, and poster response
Old 01-20-2019, 09:03 PM

Wow. What a 4th quarter. Both teams are worthy of progressing to the SB. Will there be a second OT upset today?
Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Wow. What a 4th quarter. Both teams are worthy of progressing to the SB. Will there be a second OT upset today?

The chiefs really woke up on that second half.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:13 PM

Like I've been able to say all year - one more game for the Rams.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:14 PM

Default PATS

Never give up on the Patriots

YeeeHaaaa!!
Old 01-20-2019, 09:15 PM

Those were the two best division finals in the history of professional football.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
Those were the two best division finals in the history of professional football.

The Chiefs played a killer second half! What a game! Pats to the Super Bowl one more time!
Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 PM

OK, McVay, if you're going to be the best, you're gonna hafta beat the best.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:21 PM

Wow what a game! Whoever won the OT coin toss was gonna win that game.

I know some people say Brady is just a product of Belichik and the system, but the guy just makes clutch play after clutch play. It’s just foolish and comical at this point to deny his greatness.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:21 PM
Charter Member

The NFL has the worst overtime of all professional sports. Even when I was a kid when we played touch football there was no such thing as last one that scores wins,

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

Pretty great games. But quirky as hell. If that KC defensive lineman starts with his hand six inches farther back, the interception stands and the Chiefs run out the clock. If the official doesn’t miss the interference call against the Rams, the Saints run out the clock. But both of those things happened and now we have the Pats again and the Rams for the first time (with the current owner / coach / players). I expect the Pats to beat a young LA team but I expected them to beat the Eagles last year. I hope the Rams can take em out, but I wouldn’t put any money on it...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic