The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-18-2020, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Doug

That is enjoyable and good to know…Thanks.

Dream guitars demos some of their guitars, as do a number of YouTube guitar folks…but a live and interactive format is so much more attractive to me as a player.

I was thinking in terms of a remote option for sales people in a brick-n-mortar or for internet-guitar-sales stores adding and making use of live-video-interaction with potential customers would be a great option.

It's like the difference between an online pre-recorded 'lesson', versus a live interactive video lesson where one can ask questions and interact with the teacher.

Just watching a video is not the same as asking a player on the other end to play different styles/ranges on the neck etc. It's still not the same as being there, but it sure would be better than buying based on a spec-sheet and ad copy.

Yeah, I think it's pretty smart on Stevie's part. People do ask questions, as well as stuff like "hey, what's that Martin I see back on the wall", prompting him to grab it and show it. I've been in Gryphon when people are on the phone doing this, which is kind of humorous, since you know the sound is terrible, and they can't see it, but at least it's sort of an interactive discussion with someone holding the guitar. So this takes it up a level.

I only posted this here for Stevie's initial tips on streaming, but glad the rest of useful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification