The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-21-2020, 04:07 AM

Default The name for this?

Sorry, I've searched and searched but I keep coming up with slope shoulder dreadnaughts and that's not what I'm looking for.

Sometime ago I found on this forum, a thread about guitars which had a slope in the upper rear bout. This may release pressure on the right forearm when playing right handed.

i.e. draw an (imaginary please) line from the bridge to your elbow and shape the guitar from it.

Can some kind soul provide me with a name for such modifications?

Merci, beaucoup
Old 02-21-2020, 04:35 AM

Are you talking about the feature where the top is itself bent so that the bass side of the guitsr under the arm is more shallow and less deep tha tbe treble side of the guitar? It combines the same benefits of taking the sharp edge off the edge of the top that is given by the Laskin or Ryan bevel ans the less deep side under the playing arm that is given by the Manzer wedge.

The Oracle guitar that is made by Sheldom Schwartz has this ergonomic feature.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:18 AM

I think you are describing a Manzer wedge, but it goes by other names as well. As Gitarro just said, there are the various manifestations of arm bevels as well along with rib bevels sometimes as well.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:10 AM

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop