The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-27-2020, 07:44 PM

Default NUGD - Veillette Flyer

I made my first visit to Rudy's in Soho several years ago during a business trip to New York. I was appropriately impressed with the store, the arch tops, and the older Gibson J-45s they happened to have that day. But they also had a Veillette Flyer that I played and was surprised by how much I liked that diminutive guitar. I could not afford it then, nor was I ready for it. The impression held.
Last week, I found a really good deal for a used Flyer. I made a few gear "adjustments" and jumped at the Flyer. It is here now and I've had a few days to play it. I really like this guitar. It is a really special, versatile instrument. Supremely comfortable. The D-Tar pickup works really well and the guitar plays great. I'm very happy with this addition.
Veillette_Flyer - 1.jpg
Veillette_Flyer - 2.jpg
Veillette_Flyer - 4.jpg
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....
Old 01-27-2020, 09:06 PM

Wow, looks wonderful - congrats! Something about a great small guitar that punches above its weight!
Old 01-27-2020, 11:56 PM
Charter Member

Like all of Joe Veillette's instruments the Flyer is very unique and original. If I recall they are ladder braced and have a radiuses top and back. Really cool guitar. Enjoy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion