The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-24-2019, 05:18 AM

No. This is a Brazilian company called Purple Cases. Awesome stuff.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAPANDELO View Post
Hi there, Louis!

The basic EQ is up to the QSC Touchmix 8. So I use the Empress ParaEQ to match the impedance of the K&K and make some "on the fly" adjustments (notch some bad frequencies, depending on the room I'm playing). The boost is a nice feature, also.

The Empress Compressor is kind of an always on pedal, so as the Strymon BlueSky. I just change the reverb I mainly use if I want a more ethereal sound (only in a few songs).

The Timeline (delay) and Mobius (chorus and tremolo, mainly) are used sparingly, depending on the music I'm playing.

The Empress Buffer+ is used more as a noise filter. Some places I play have a far from ideal electrical instalations. The Buffer+ help in that cases.

The Lovepedal Believe is almost never used. I'm waiting to use it with a Boss RC30, that I don't have right now.

And the Analogman King of Tone is used only to give me a low gain overdrive texture in a few musics.

The LR Baggs Session DI is used as a DI, of course, and I LOVE the saturation and compression features on it. It just enhance my overall sound.

It is really my dream pedalboard, and as soon as I record a live performance, I will post it here!

Thank you!
Wow! That's one more pedalboard. If I figured this correctly, that's about $5,000 in that set up. That's counting wiring and powering. Add your guitars and powered speakers and you are into five digits. I would be afraid to go out of my house. That is a very nice setup!
Old 01-24-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Wow! That's one more pedalboard. If I figured this correctly, that's about $5,000 in that set up. That's counting wiring and powering. Add your guitars and powered speakers and you are into five digits. I would be afraid to go out of my house. That is a very nice setup!

The most scary part is that I live in Brazil. Here, violence is sad, and everything costs a lot more than there in the US, since our money is not that good. (1 U$ is about 4 R$). This makes everything even more scary! Hahaha
Old 01-25-2019, 07:26 AM

My essential acoustic rig:

Gibson J45 True Vintage --> K&K trinity system -->
Pre: Presonus Acousti-Q --> Boss Octave OC3 --> MXR Analog Chorus --> Neunaber Seraphim reverb --> amp Schertler Jam 400

Last edited by labrax; 01-25-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labrax View Post

Pre: Presonus Acousti-q --> Boss Octave OC3 --> MXR Analog Chorus --> Neunaber Seraphim reverb --> amp Schertler Jam 400

Great choices!
Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labrax View Post

Pre: Presonus Acousti-q --> Boss Octave OC3 --> MXR Analog Chorus --> Neunaber Seraphim reverb --> amp Schertler Jam 400

Clever idea with the hinges for tilting the preamp!
Old 01-25-2019, 09:39 AM

Old 01-26-2019, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian_t View Post
Clever idea with the hinges for tilting the preamp!
Thanks Christian:
The Presonus Acousti-Q was an incredible discovery, the acoustic sound quality is very very hight. The valve is decisive for its naturalness. The Acousti-Q is much much better than Ultrasound DI Max and Plus, better than Headway EDB 2, much better than K & K Trinity Pro System etc. etc.
Now I'm happy, I found my ideal pre

Last edited by labrax; 01-26-2019 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:24 PM

Here's mine!

Electro-Harmonix Hum Debugger
Electro-Harmonix Platform Stereo Compressor Pedal
TC Helicon Voicetone
TC Helicon Duplicator
TC Helicon VL3
Trace Elliot Transit A
Beat Buddy
Yamaha MX Mixer

-- Fun rig. Might add a TC Helicon BodyRez pedal. I know, I know, the VL3 will do BodyRez and the Duplicator, but I think the external pedals are much easier to use! I use the VL3 basically for shaping VOX, adding harmony and playing back backing tracks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9747.jpg (40.8 KB, 383 views)

Last edited by jkilgour2000; 01-26-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:19 PM

IME the body rez is different in the VL3 (not as transparent) than the BR pedal or the VLPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilgour2000 View Post
Here's mine!

Electro-Harmonix Hum Debugger
Electro-Harmonix Platform Stereo Compressor Pedal
TC Helicon Voicetone
TC Helicon Duplicator
TC Helicon VL3
Trace Elliot Transit A
Beat Buddy
Yamaha MX Mixer

-- Fun rig. Might add a TC Helicon BodyRez pedal. I know, I know, the VL3 will do BodyRez and the Duplicator, but I think the external pedals are much easier to use! I use the VL3 basically for shaping VOX, adding harmony and playing back backing tracks.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:13 PM

I'm building a new board for showcases where I perform with my National Resonators. The Nationals have two pickups in them, so I wanted a board that was perfect for blending the magnetic pickups (one has a Flatbucker, the other a Krivo), with the Highlander active cone pickups. What makes this different is that I'm running a volume, compressor, reverb, and delay in the insert of the Grace Felix preamp. I also have the power box for the Highlander mounted on the board, and a Tapestry Audio (Fab Suisse) distortion pedal that is used only for the magnetic pickup channel. Another great thing is that resonators typically send out a ragged signal with harsh peaks from the pickups, it's just the nature of the beast, but the MXR bass compressor really helps to tone those peaks down and keep the signal balanced. After quite the time figuring out the order of things, making cables, and getting it all wired up, I finally got to audition it today. And d*mn, it sounds great. Having the Felix preamp at the core makes for great blending with powerful EQ. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Last edited by rockabilly69; 01-30-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
I submitted my acoustic board to this thread back in 2017 but I've updated and now have this:

Loving the journey!

Best,
PJ
Do you still like the ad10?
Old 01-29-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
Attachment 17616 I like the holeyboard simplicity. Zip ties, and easy to change...
I used the zip ties on my Holeyboard ZigZag throughout the testing phase until I found the order where every pedal worked best, then I changed from zip ties to Godlyke Power Grip pedal mounting tape. I used a combination of zip ties and power grip for the power supply on my board (Walrus Aetos).
Old 01-30-2019, 04:10 PM

Default JDI

Hey guys, any of you use the JDI? Please post your chain setup if possible if you do.

Ryan
Old 01-31-2019, 06:33 AM

I need to put a little goose neck light on mine to see in the dark - but book lights are not bright enough. Any suggestions?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification