The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-20-2020, 10:34 PM

Default Ogden City Limits - Episode 1

So about a year ago, my music partner and I were driving home from a job and we got to talking about how nice it would be to hear a podcast where we got to listen to a song being recorded from start to finish.

So we decided to invite our friends into the studio and do it.

We load in, usually, at noon on a Sunday, and go grab a bite to eat (where we, amazingly, don't talk much about music) and then head over to our studio to work. We're usually done by 4pm.

We film and record everything, warts and all, and edit it down to about 20 minutes.

We just dropped the first of five episodes.

This is our good friend Michelle.

(NSFW: we cuss a lot)

(Apologies for the out of tune mando; it got re-fretted right after this)

Old 03-20-2020, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

Well that was special. Strange in a way. But surprisingly very engaging. All the miss takes. And the figuring out for just a few minutes of final production. I was gonna complain. But then I realized I was drawn into the whole thing. I loved her song at the end. And you guys really supported it well (and stayed out of the way ).

The video production is top drawer. The audio is great. Though the mic placement for Quin was not good for her vocal. It got kinda lost. But she's a cool vocalist. The second and last song everything clicked (after about the 3rd try ha, ha, ha).

But like I said, I was surprised by how all the practicing, and false starts and stops kept my attention. I enjoyed the whole thing.

Bravo.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:15 PM

Thanks! That’s our goal—to show the false starts and bad ideas (that banjo is TERRIBLE and was being a jerk that day; I’ve since traded it) and fun of making the sausage.

We just want to peel back the curtain a little.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:29 PM
Charter Member

What's the name of her song?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
What's the name of her song?

It didn’t have a title when she recorded it, but she told me today that she’s calling it “Home Don’t Feel Like Home.”

It’s on her next record.

She’s called Michelle Moonshine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell