The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-29-2020, 11:01 AM

Absolutely! I have learned over these last few weeks that my Martin 000-18 and Fender Telecaster are quite possibly the most perfect instruments ever. I think it comes from the anxious and uncertain health concern we have and somehow that has taught me to enjoy what I have. Stay safe AGF’ers.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:01 AM

My week used to be quite intensely busy with guitar practice and voluntary work and playing at our local churches weekly .This has now stopped so our days have really changed like many of our friends . I have now got together via the Internet with our organist and we now record separately our churches music for the week . This is then sent to our congregation via email to help with worship . Back to the question , I have now become really attached to my J45 Standard , as I'm now playing it for say two hours a day the tone has opened up and it's a real joy to play .
Also during this situation I've decided to only change the strings on two of my guitars , the J45 and my Martin OODB .
Strange times please stay safe and blessings to all .
Best Wishes from the Isle of Wight [emoji120]
Yamaha SLG200S
Yamaha NTX1200R
Taylor GSMiniE Rosewood
Joe Brown Uke
AER Compact 60
Marshall AS50D

Now 100% Acoustic and loving it ! No more GAS
Old 03-29-2020, 11:58 AM

As far as needing only one guitar, I agree, but one "needs" very few things, it depends on how that's defined. I was just thinking that with this time I have enjoyed having different guitars and learning their differences.
Gibson Nick Lucas L 100 Maple

Quantity and quality of my guitars should not be seen as indicative of the quality of my playing ability
Old 03-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsc View Post
I just got started on part 3... I thought I remembered you were
having trigger finger... ? You're playing and singing is top-notch ,
I can see you on stage...

-Mike
Hi, yes I have two trigger fingers on my left hand which is why I'm missing notes and making errors.

I was hoping to get them operated on before end may when I had a modest number of gigs, but neither will happen now, so ... I tryto warm them well and do the hand exercises they gave me last year for my right hand.

Thank you so much for your interest.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:43 PM

I notice my guitar still doesn't sound like Robert Johnson.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:51 PM

Not really learning, I suppose, but I've discovered that my guitar's action is all over the map. Would it really be worth having a setup done on a $200 guitar?
Old 03-29-2020, 04:54 PM

I've started getting reacquainted with the guitars that have been sitting untouched for long periods of time. I'm remembering why I bought some of them in the first place. There have been some pleasant surprises.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Strings MI View Post
Not really learning, I suppose, but I've discovered that my guitar's action is all over the map. Would it really be worth having a setup done on a $200 guitar?
Yes, with a proper setup, it will sound about the same, but it will play like the best guitar you’ve ever tried.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDreedle View Post
As far as needing only one guitar, I agree, but one "needs" very few things, it depends on how that's defined. I was just thinking that with this time I have enjoyed having different guitars and learning their differences.
Same here. I'm relearning, again, that I'm blessed to have many guitars and that each has it's own character that I enjoy. Each time I consider 'thinning the herd' I can't find one that I'd part with. My kids will sort it out some day!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion