The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-08-2020, 03:01 AM

For Christmas I received a DigitechTrio+ band creator. It's my go to solution if I don't want to take the time to set something up in Band in a Box. Hundreds of rythm/bass variations and incredibly intuitive. Stores a dozen tracks at a time, but they can be saved on an external SD card or pc.
Check it out
Old 03-08-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray175 View Post
For Christmas I received a DigitechTrio+ band creator. It's my go to solution if I don't want to take the time to set something up in Band in a Box. Hundreds of rythm/bass variations and incredibly intuitive. Stores a dozen tracks at a time, but they can be saved on an external SD card or pc.
Check it out
Thanks Ray. I'll check it out. Tomorrow I'll have time to hopefully get a track or two going. And, I'm going to visit a computer shop and see if I can get the lost tracks back. I think I can but I hope the old computer can handle a Boss restore.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:04 AM

I'm another person who likes his Digitech Trio for "I've just got a few minutes and I want something doesn't sound like a metronome to play with" uses. I've not used the + model's looping function much, just its play in a tempo and chord cadence and then boogie on capabilities.

But here's hoping you get back the tracks you liked from your device.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 03-08-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
I'm another person who likes his Digitech Trio for "I've just got a few minutes and I want something doesn't sound like a metronome to play with" uses. I've not used the + model's looping function much, just its play in a tempo and chord cadence and then boogie on capabilities.

Frank,for me the loop function is indispensable given that setting up a track is :

- select the positionyou xant to store your track
- Playing throught the track with no embelishments - to teach the Trio+ the chords and rythm
- selecting your bass and rythm section parts
- playing your chords as a backing loop to go with the track you've defined
- making adjustments to speed/styles
- store
- you can add more loop levels, so imagine recording the twin guitar solos of Hotel California - or just one and then play your variation for the second one.

Without the loop, all you have is the bass and drums...... no rythm guitar
Old 03-08-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post

Geez, I'm considering this DigiTech. Thanks for the link Ray and your post here, Frank. I'll check out some reviews on youtube.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:17 AM

Here's a link to a very in-depth review/demo of the Trio+. It's well worth bookmarking the video and going back to it regularly - I learn something each time !.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0VXRK2JGkQ

Last edited by Ray175; 03-10-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:26 PM

I got back all the tracks in the RC-3 Boss Loop Pedal.!! I took it to a local computer shop and he restored it for me. I'm real happy. Overall I'd like to give a shout out to Boss. I mistakenly erased the factory backing tracks and they are now restored. Thank you Boss for that link.!!

I tried to do it myself but but my computer didn't like it. I ran into a roadblock, so to speak. So I took it to the computer guy and he got it done for me. Super happy right now.

And thanks for the great replies. This is all part of a learning curve for me. And I'm still interested in the DiGi Tech Trio. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:26 AM

Great news - glad you got your tracks back !
Ray
Old 03-10-2020, 05:47 PM

Thank you. I really like my setup right now. Having a loop pedal, I feel, is the fast track to getting better. It helps with timing. My loops are beginning to be smooth right at that last/first beat. Its fun playing lead over my own rhythms that I've played for years.

Oh ya, can't forget mentioning #95 in the Boss RC-3.!! So glad to have it back.!! Cool.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3notes View Post
Thank you. I really like my setup right now. Having a loop pedal, I feel, is the fast track to getting better. It helps with timing. My loops are beginning to be smooth right at that last/first beat. Its fun playing lead over my own rhythms that I've played for years.

Oh ya, can't forget mentioning #95 in the Boss RC-3.!! So glad to have it back.!! Cool.
Nice

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars