The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 03:11 PM

That's a shame.

Picker, I enjoyed your posts on the Play section of the forum. Helped remind me of a few things to spur on my creative side.

I hope you can forget about all this, and continue to contribute here in future.

Lizzie.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 AM

Thanks guys no problem
I came here to help the ones who need help. I did not come here to pasify seasoned players. If my posts offended anyone did not intend to. I have a passion to help those who need help and not those who need their egos fed.
Did not mean to confuse my signature. constructing my new site and my thoughts are running. Took signature off until decisions are made. Don't mean to spam. If there are beginners here needing help I have (and will add) lots of info at my site and it is 100% free. Hope this isn't spam (just don't know) but my passion is to help beginners and if I can't do that here, so be it. To all with an open mind thanks for letting me share and thanks for the good moderators on this site.
picker
Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Charter Member

Picker:

Having just come across this thread, I will throw my "two cents" in...

It seems to me that this thread started out with good intentions, went a bit astray, but quickly resolved itself and made things right. That doesn't always happen (though these acoustic guitar forums are some of the friendliest I have seen on the net) - you and your good intentions are clear to all here and are well appreciated - as is the information you are so freely willing to provide. Please take the way this thread has gone, as a clear sign that you are appreciated here. Nobody meant any harm and those whose posts might have initially been interpreted in that light, made their stances clear in support of what you are doing. Stick around. A lot of people are being helped with your posts, videos, and web site. Remember too that there are typically many "lurkers" (i.e. people who read but prefer to not post frequently - sort of like a "silent majority") who also benefit from what you are so willing to give away.

Regards,

Tony
Old 09-01-2010, 06:41 AM

Picker, I signed up as a member on your site. There's lots of good stuff you offer. I have some questions about a couple of the items that are blues-related, but I'll email you from your site and then I'll let you decide if it's worth sharing here.

Again, I apologize for starting something that got out of hand. I don't have anything against someone trying to promote something, as long as it's above board. I believe that is the forum's position as well. Not trying to imply you were not being honest, just stating how I feel.

YouTube (GuiTuber)
SoundCloud

My modest collection:
Hohner HGK-512 (no strings; lifted bridge)
Yamaha FG720S-12, w/ p'ups
Alvarez AJ60S, w/ p'ups
Ibanez AEB5 acoustic bass

Pickups: JBB-Electronics Prestige 330 (SBT) - finest quality at half the price

Recording gear:
Focusrite Saffire 6
MXL 990 and 991 condensor mics
Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 AM

Just an opinion. The site is "free" but content seems accessible only after providing email address in registering. Based on that, I would think it more appropriate to put it in a marketplace forum where it is clearly recognizable as the poster's enterprise.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 AM

Picker304, this site, the AGF, is dedicated to acoustic guitar. In the past, we have not looked kindly on other sites who wanted to build theirs by cherry picking ours. It might be thoughtful to check with the leaders of other forums before going on there to promote your own, even if it's free, even if it's totally wonderful.

Not doing that feels a bit like going over to a neighbor's party on Friday night and without talking first to the host, inviting people there to leave and come over to your house instead. Know what I mean?

cotten
Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 AM

Guys I understand what you're trying to say and I see where you stand. Just don't see it that way because i am not thinking in a sense to defame AGF in anyway or to use for my gain and I do apologize if I came across as a spammer (I am not one, I despise those people). As far as registering whats wrong with requiring anyone to register for receiving the materials. It is totally the choice of the visitor. (although I do see your point) Great site here and I have enjoyed meeting some new musician friends. I would like to stop this rollercoaster now. I beginning to feel like the main actor in AS THE WORLD TURNS lol Lets leave friends, OK?
Happy playing!
picker
Old 09-01-2010, 12:21 PM

Thread closed, at the request of the original poster.

cotten
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell