The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-08-2019, 12:06 PM

Default Jamplay or Guitar Tricks?

I am a few years into my journey and am finding myself in a bit of a rut. I live on the road so hiring a live teacher to see every week is difficult. With that said I feel having a live teacher that you "gel" with is absolutely invaluable and my favorite way to learn. However my travel does not currently allow for consistent visits to an instructor.

In the beginning I subscribed to Jamplay and loved it. But recently someone turned me on to Guitar Tricks which is very similar.

I plan on taking advantage of the free trial with Guitar Tricks but wanted to know if anyone else had thoughts on the subject.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-08-2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason: No worries...
Old 08-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

I used to use Guitar Tricks and thought it was great. I was in a similar situation as you, being entirely self taught but sort of found myself in that "intermediate" rut. I'd taught myself enough to be dangerous, but still had so much to learn and didn't have the discipline to really practice even though I was playing for 1-2 hours almost every day. GT is priced really well and I thought the lessons were structured well and easy to follow along with. Definitely helped me get out of that rut and take my playing to the next level (now I just sound like an ad). I don't have experience with Jamplay though so can't compare the two.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:45 PM

The good, they have a lot of choices of lessons.
The bad, they have a lot of choices of lessons.
For me as a returning noob the bad outweighs the good. I’m taking advantage of their money back guarantee and going back to Justin Guitar.
They have a money back guarantee if you buy a year up front. You can also go month to month and quit any time. The lessons are well structured but the beginner teacher is kind of boring. Shouldn’t matter for you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write