The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-20-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi PZ

Is it a high end handbuilt or a mid-line production guitar? That would affect it, but I'm not sure how much. My Olson is 26 yrs old and dinged, and I wouldn't knock off anything for dings (it has plenty).

What's it worth to you if you are buying one like it?

I'd advertise it at the going market rate, at a few % for people who want to dicker with the price, and go from there. Starting out lower is asking for even lower prices than you expect.

It's a 2002 Breedlove SJ25. At the time it was considered a Masterclass. I'm thinking maybe a $150 off what one that had no cosmetic issues. But it seems too many people will get spooked so I'm probably going to see about getting it repaired.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:23 PM

I had to look that guitar up to see what it was. Looks like they sale used for over 2k so to me that damage would probably mean a price drop of $4-500 and I’m guessing the repairs are less than half that so I’d say get it repaired. After that it should bring pretty close to the worth amount and be easier to sell. If your guitar is like the ones I seen it’s a sexy guitar.... Mayb see how u feel about it once repair and u might decide to keep it. lol
Old 07-20-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcamp View Post
I had to look that guitar up to see what it was. Looks like they sale used for over 2k so to me that damage would probably mean a price drop of $4-500 and I’m guessing the repairs are less than half that so I’d say get it repaired. After that it should bring pretty close to the worth amount and be easier to sell. If your guitar is like the ones I seen it’s a sexy guitar.... Mayb see how u feel about it once repair and u might decide to keep it. lol
I actually was going to drop the price by about $750 which I thought was pretty fair but I think I may just take your advice. I would keep it but I have to pay for a custom build that is in the works.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion