The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-13-2019, 02:09 PM

Default Marty Schwartz Lessons

These are video lessons, and can be played from his website at www.martymusic.com/store, or downloaded to your computer. You must sign up for an account to get access to his free lessons, but it’s just name and email. I’ve never gotten a bunch of spam, just one or two emails a month.

I purchased his Acoustic Blues Super Class, and am going through that now. But the best course I’ve taken in a long time is a free one. His Acoustic Tricks & Embellishments class.

I’ve been stuck at that awkward late beginner stage a while. His Acoustic Tricks & Embellishments class is helping put some bling in my playing for a more accomplished sound. His videos have the feel of a friend showing you a few things on the guitar.

I also added a Boss RC-1 looper to my mixer so I can easily record and play back my singing and playing. As painful as that is, it has really helped me sound more musical.

MODS: I intended this to go into the Play subforum. Could you move?

Last edited by Pine; 07-13-2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: improved the wording a bit, but not enough... :)
Old 07-14-2019, 09:22 AM

Thanks for that.

I'm going to check it out.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:48 PM

My favorite beginner lesson are his videos on "Wish you were here." Lots of other people teach that song too, but I think his are pretty good for when you are starting out. My only complaint is, they should do a version where you slide the bends, so those who are starting out and cannot get those bends on an acoustic can do the solos.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write