The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Charter Member

Default 2010 Taylor 614ce in Tobacco Sunburst

Up for sale is my 2010 Taylor 614ce in tobacco sunburst. This was the first "real" guitar I ever owned and I've cherished it since the day I got it. It was given to me by my dad - I had set a goal that took me over a year to achieve and in return he purchased this beaut for me. I REALLY want to see it go to a good home...and maybe I could have some visitation rights? Just kidding. Haha.

I'm selling it for a couple of reasons. First, because 9/10 times I pick up my other guitars with a smaller nut width - I've got small hands. Second, because we have a baby on the way and guess where the nursery is going to be? My music room has moved and it shrunk by 50%. (Thanks, kid!) Plus, the cash won't hurt either.

My 614ce has always been properly humidified and taken care of; there are a couple of small nicks/scratches - things that come with normal use. I've included pictures of those. Otherwise, it is in great condition. Shines like a diamond.

In the spirit of 100% transparency, I will tell you that this guitar developed a hairline "crack" on the top directly behind the saddle. I don't even know if I'd call it a crack so much as an "ungluing". There is a seam that runs from directly center of the saddle to the bottom of the guitar - this came partially unglued. I contacted Taylor and it was covered under the warranty without issue; they did the repair at the factory. The gloss coating is completely unaffected. I did as best I could to get a good picture of it, but even in the pictures it's hard to detect. You can only begin to see it toward the bottom where the sunburst darkens up a bit. To be completely clear: this guitar was NOT dropped, knocked, bumped, etc.
In terms of sound, she plays like a dream. The action remains at a perfect height and the tone is as pretty as the day I got it.

I did my best to research and price my 614ce, taking into account the repair that Taylor has done. It'll come with the original hardshell case, but not the custom truss rod cover. I'll put the original back on. Please let me know if you have any questions and be sure to take a peek at the complete album I've created - it has larger pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/9SRhv

Asking $1800 + shipping. FF PayPal'd.

I have a Taylor shipping box ready to roll. If you live in the greater Boston area, I'd be happy to offer pickup as well. I'll also be up in the York, Maine area for a week beginning on Saturday. I've had successful purchases AND sales on these forums; just looking for an easy and fair transaction as my reputation is important to me!

Whitney

*DISCLAIMER: Pardon my dopey reflection in some of the pictures.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok
Old 08-06-2019, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

SOLD! To a happy home on the west coast.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars