The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Talking [SOLD] Goodall Concert Jumbo CJ, Master Grade Sitka, Indian

A very special guitar to me. One that shocked me the first time i played it and firmly convinced me that Goodall is the best maker within the fifteen thousand dollars range. And I've compared it to many from the Lowdens, Froggy Bottoms, to the Bourgeois. The best description of the Goodall sound I've seen is from a gentlemen on the acoustic guitar forum:

"As amazingly beautiful a Goodall can be played softly, what really knocks
my socks off is how they sound when you really dig in. Played hard, the bass notes in particular have a power and depth and fullness that just sort of develops and blossoms.... like a trumpeting of angels."

The upgraded the master-grade skita top has unreal silking and is perfectly quartersawn. The guitar is from 2000 and has the time to age and bloom. It's sensitive, overtone rich with amazing sustain and depth that creates a 3 dimensional character. Perfect for fingerstyle. I often use a pick on and it's difficult to overdrive but I prefer playing it finger style with moderate picking. Headstock and body are bound with Koa. Fingerboard bound with Ebony.

The guitar new today is $6800. My price of $ZXYZ (plus ship, paypal) is quite a bit less than the lowest price on Reverb or Ebay because a couple of buckles on the original case are damaged. I will include replacements.... I hit it with my other guitar case but the guitar has never been giged.

Condition is pristine except for two minor dents that you have to hunt hard for to see. But for full disclosure, you can look at the pics. Difficult to see but happy to do a video of both the sound and excellent condition =)

Thank you for your interest!

Seller Background
My policy is complete TRANSPARENCY. I've been selling on Reverb and Ebay for a many years now with perfect feedback on both sites. Please contact me with any questions and we also do a video overview. To ensure your total satisfaction and peace of mind, I do a live pre-shipment video for each buyer.

Trades
I prefer to sell but if you'd like to tempt me for a trade, I might consider trades +/- Cash: Would like to try different woods and combinations such as maple, walnut, blackwood, Honduran, ebony, koa etc. Brands: Santa Cruz, Ryan, PRS Private Stock, Froggy, etc. - 1.75 nut. Looking especially for a magical OM or D type size!

Video of Sound
Thanks in advance to Bobby for the video which is dead on representation of the sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Last edited by BigOrangeBox; 10-04-2020 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful Goodall! I have the same model in the same wood combination without a cutaway.

Yours was completed in late May/early June of 2000. There is a chronological listing by serial number compiled in this AGF thread:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=348316
Old 08-25-2020, 08:53 PM

Wow, that's beautiful. If I hadn't just bought an Adi/Koa CJ, I would've been all over this one. GLWS.
1999 CFox 'Frisco' concert w/ Trance Amulet MV
2016 Taylor GS Mini-e RW
2020 Goodall KCJ
Fishman Loudbox Mini

Last edited by GGinMP; 08-25-2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Lightbulb Trades for the Goodall

Thanks guys for the interest so far! An update on trades, I hope to sell but if you'd like to tempt me for a trade, I might consider trades +/- Cash: Would like to try different woods and combinations such as maple, walnut, blackwood, Honduran, ebony, koa etc. Brands: Santa Cruz, Ryan, PRS Private Stock, Froggy, etc. - 1.75 nut. Looking especially for a magical OM or D type size!
Old 09-25-2020, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Bump for what looks to be an absolutely stellar Goodall. This looks like a gem.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Beautiful!

If my Masterbuilt Strat sells, I may have to consider this one!
GLWS,
Alan
Old 09-26-2020, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Alan - sell it quick and email me!

Thanks guys for all the interest. Lots of offers all of a sudden. I'm hoping to sell to someone on AGF. Prefer to sell here rather than Ebay or Reverb. This community has not let me down!
Old 10-02-2020, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Smile Have a great weekend!

Bump for a fantastic weekend guys!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
cj body, concert jumbo, goodall, lowden, ryan