The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-21-2015, 08:11 AM

Weekend bump.
Bourgeois: The Banjo Killer–Slope D (Custom); Collings: CJ Mh A SS SB (Custom); Froggy Bottom: F-14 Deluxe (Custom), SJ Deluxe; Gibson: Jackson Browne Signature Model 1 Ltd.; Huss & Dalton CM-12 Non-Cutaway (Custom); Jason Kostal: MD (Custom); Kevin Kopp: K-50; Martin: 000-42 Guatemalan (Custom), D-45; Santa Cruz: D-12 Fret (Custom), Tony Rice Signature (Custom)
Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Hey Scott,

I'm surprised you're selling this gem. Collings certainly does well with OMs and they do German tops better than anybody. I have no doubt this is one superb guitar with breathtaking clarity. Hope it makes somebody very happy. Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:32 AM

Hi Kerbie,

Thanks for the kind words, selling this one is all abut the Froggy Bottom bug I got bit by ;-) So many great guitars...
Bourgeois: The Banjo Killer–Slope D (Custom); Collings: CJ Mh A SS SB (Custom); Froggy Bottom: F-14 Deluxe (Custom), SJ Deluxe; Gibson: Jackson Browne Signature Model 1 Ltd.; Huss & Dalton CM-12 Non-Cutaway (Custom); Jason Kostal: MD (Custom); Kevin Kopp: K-50; Martin: 000-42 Guatemalan (Custom), D-45; Santa Cruz: D-12 Fret (Custom), Tony Rice Signature (Custom)
Old 03-15-2015, 04:00 PM

Weekend bump.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

PM sent.

Thank you,
Warren
Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
PM sent.

Thank you,
Warren
I am so sorry for the delay in my reply...I was on a 2-week meditation retreat and I didn't get back until this weekend and I am playing catch-up on it all :-) I replied to you via PM :-)
Old 03-30-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurch View Post
I am so sorry for the delay in my reply...I was on a 2-week meditation retreat and I didn't get back until this weekend and I am playing catch-up on it all :-) I replied to you via PM :-)
What style of meditation retreat? Ignatian/spiritual exercises? Vipassanna? Mahamudra? Zen sesshin? Other?

Just curious...I sometimes do retreats. Haven't sat a retreat in more than a year, and can feel it.

Still following this guitar, trying to find a way to make it mine. Such a beauty...

Last edited by buddyhu; 03-30-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
What style of meditation retreat? Ignatian/spiritual exercises? Vipassanna? Mahamudra? Zen sesshin? Other?

Just curious...I sometimes do retreats. Haven't sat a retreat in more than a year, and can feel it.

Still following this guitar, trying to find a way to make it mine. Such a beauty...
It is was Shamtha Vipassanna-like retreat at Shambhala Mountain Center outside of Denver. I am a third year student at Naropa University in the Contemplative Psychology program (aka Buddhist Psychology). Each semester we do 2-weeks of retreat (which makes for about 68 days over the course of the program). So glad to come home and play my guitars though :-) It's definitely great weather for a retreat if you get to one soon!

Lots of Cheer,
Scott
Old 03-30-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurch View Post
It is was Shamtha Vipassanna-like retreat at Shambhala Mountain Center outside of Denver. I am a third year student at Naropa University in the Contemplative Psychology program (aka Buddhist Psychology). Each semester we do 2-weeks of retreat (which makes for about 68 days over the course of the program). So glad to come home and play my guitars though :-) It's definitely great weather for a retreat if you get to one soon!

Lots of Cheer,
Scott
Sounds lovely. Perhaps you know John Davis? He teaches at Naropa, and is a friend of my wife's....she works with him on the East Coast. Great guy!

The Contemplative Psychology program at Naropa is so well-regarded...what a blessing that you are studying there.

I am aiming to do a retreat in June: either a self-guided retreat at Vajrapani Center (in the mountains near Sant Cruz, which means I might be able to work a guitar into my time there...it is a form of concentration, yes?), or a week long guided Mahamudra retreat in the Bay Area.

And ANY weather is great for a retreat. I agree, an early Spring can be quite special (though I slightly prefer Winter retreats, with the short days, colder weather).

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled programming: beautiful guitar for sale.

My best to you,
Rich

Last edited by buddyhu; 03-30-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:13 AM

Thanks Rich :-) I don't know him, but I have really loved everyone I have met here. Good luck on your upcoming retreat as well!
Old 04-01-2015, 10:30 AM

Default Beautiful

Wow, what a beauty.
Pics Of My Guitar Herd
'03 Martin 000-JBP (#64 of 305)
'06 Martin OM-28V
'90 Martin D35 Shadetop (Genuinely Aged)
'19 Martin 00-18V Ambertone (Custom Order)
'11 Taylor T5 Koa Deluxe
Awaiting - PWGC Single 0 Brazilian Shadetop

Live life loud, so when the silence falls, everyone will know that you are gone.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:48 PM

Weekend bump.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:32 PM

****sold****

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
adirondack, collings om, custom, size, walnut