The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-24-2021, 05:19 AM

Default NGD- PRS P20

Hurry up Mr./Ms. FedEx! Watching and listening to Mr. Silly Mustache put the bug in my ear about parlour guitars. I did get a wonderful deal on a PRS P20, with the matching (similar bird inlays as the neck) leather PRS, and a Rock glass slide.

It was a 'demo', but Ben Porter from Sweetwater must have sent me 20 close up pictures and the only mark is about 1 cm on the head stock by the 'D' tuning peg. I have played one at GC or someplace like that and really liked the playability, looks, and (of course) the sound. Wish me luck playing slide....last I fooled around with one was 25 years ago. I hope everyone is staying well.

Last edited by Tenzin; 03-24-2021 at 05:41 AM.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:43 AM

It was one of the best plugged-in sounds I've heard...
Old 03-24-2021, 05:56 AM

Nice! But I thought Silly Mustache was the prophet of 12 fret, not just small. Regardless, Silly has inspired me to get a 12 fret that hopefully comes tomorrow. Hope my ingrown fingernail is ok by then!🥴
Congrats on a great looking NGD. Have fun!
Old 03-24-2021, 06:09 AM
Charter Member

I have the same finish but in the P20E, with pickup. Great little guitar, and I, too, bought mine through Sweetwater. I also agree with the above comment, for whatever reason this guitar has a terrific plugged-in sound. I know it's just the basic Fishman Sonitone setup, but it really does sound especially good in this guitar.
I hope you enjoy yours.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whvick View Post
Nice! But I thought Silly Mustache was the prophet of 12 fret, not just small. Regardless, Silly has inspired me to get a 12 fret that hopefully comes tomorrow. Hope my ingrown fingernail is ok by then!🥴
Congrats on a great looking NGD. Have fun!
I have a 12 fret all mahogany Collings. part of this was that it was a 'demo' (I was told there was a one (1) cm mark on the head stock by the 'D' post. He sent me dozens of high-resolution pictures before I bought it; I'll be ****ed if I can see anything. The price was just unbeatable. It's probably 1/10th of what a similar Martin would fetch.

It came about an hour ago (mid 50º's F about 12º's C) so it wasn't too bad to slowly let it get used to the house temp. I'm extremely impressed by the sound (no electronics btw), setup, and I have to say it's a looker.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

That’s a nice looking guitar, enjoy.
Larrivee P03 sitka/hog,simple 6 OM & OM 09
Eastman E100ss-sb
Gibson J185 & 2016 J35
Fender player plus telecaster & Mustang P90
Gretsch MIK 5622T

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
ngd, prs acoustic, prs p20