The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-26-2018, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCA View Post
I have a 24 3/4" scale X7 nylon -- slotted head stock is longer than steel string head stock, 13 frets to body gets back some length. Fits tightly in X7 gig bag, more tightly than my 24" scale X7 steel string. Don't know how that translates to new X7. The difference between those scales just isn't significant for me. I would (and may) go with standard 24" (+ a little?) new X7. 3 X7 guy!! -- would feel kramster-esk!
I would enjoy hearing a comparison between the new and old X7s; as well as some discussion about the larger body and how it "fits." Experiencing the difference between the X7 and the X20, it is very apparent that the ergonomics were part of each design.

When I began to think about another Emerald, it was for the "in between" size that might give the comfort of smaller X7 with the sound push more like the X20. I was surprised when the new X7 and the X10 came in close in body size... makes me think Alistair has created a new, smaller standard. Exciting times for Emerald fans.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
When I began to think about another Emerald, it was for the "in between" size that might give the comfort of smaller X7 with the sound push more like the X20. I was surprised when the new X7 and the X10 came in close in body size... makes me think Alistair has created a new, smaller standard. Exciting times for Emerald fans.
Same here, Jim. I envisioned an X10 but the X10 that came to fruition, while cool, is not something that interests me. The X7 on the other hand with the larger body and sound hole similar to the X20 is much closer to what I thought. A custom order with a longer (24.6") scale and neck shape (soft V) like my current X20 is exactly what might end up being my next Emerald.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Same here, Jim. I envisioned an X10 but the X10 that came to fruition, while cool, is not something that interests me. The X7 on the other hand with the larger body and sound hole similar to the X20 is much closer to what I thought. A custom order with a longer (24.6") scale and neck shape (soft V) like my current X20 is exactly what might end up being my next Emerald.
If I didn't already have an X7, I'd probably be right there with you, Scott. It is simply a great compact guitar. Now, that X10... that promises to be something different, that still fits in with "the family."
Old 06-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Charter Member

So another thread reminded me that someday I would like to have an X20 Opus. But on a whim I searched to see them and it appears Emerald discontinued the whole Opus line.

Major bummer. I want bling-free and no electronics.

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240
Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
So another thread reminded me that someday I would like to have an X20 Opus. But on a whim I searched to see them and it appears Emerald discontinued the whole Opus line.

You can have that in the Artisan line. You just can not have the Opus price.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:41 AM

I suspect this now means that the resale value of past Opus builds has instantly increased significantly--for those inclined to sell.

Though there are usually very few interested in selling . . .
Old 06-27-2018, 06:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
How about a black Artisan with no electronics - you can order it without them, and with just a gigbag instead of the hard case. That knocks $325 off the price and gets you very close to Opus territory. Exactly the route I just went, except I couldn’t resist amber.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber