The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-14-2019, 09:22 PM

Yup. They gave you a case for a Dred but not for a 12 string.
I got a nice hard case from them for under $80.00 that fits my 12 string great.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:27 PM

Am I nit-picking?

Lkristians,

Definitely not ! !

Get a snug fitting hardshell case and you will be glad you did.

I have a gig bag that will hold a jumbo, but not a jumbo 12 string. You probably got the wrong bag, but they knew not what they did.

Don
06 Alvarez AJ60S englmn/mpl lam med Jmbo
14 Taylor 818e sitka/rosewood Grand Orchestra
05 Taylor 512ce L10 all mahogany Grand Concert
09 Taylor all walnut Jmbo
16 Taylor 412e-R sitka/rw GC
16 Taylor 458e-R s/rw 12 string GO
21 Epiphone IBG J-200 sitka/maple Jmbo
22 Guild F-1512 s/rw 12 string Jmbo
Old 12-15-2019, 01:04 PM

Default UPDATE: A Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
New Guild f2512e 12 string came with a soft "jumbo" case, purchased from GC. However, the guitar is very difficult to get in, such that it has to be put in neck-first, with more pressure than I care to use. As I'm looking at it, I can see the top of the neck bulging through the top of the case. I'm wondering if this will eventually do any structural damage to the neck. I plan on bringing it to GC tomorrow, to see if they'll prorate this and offer me a better deal on a better case, so we'll see. I don't think it should be this tight. Whattya think?
LarryK.
So I went over to GC this morning and they were very accommodating. They brought out every case (Soft and hard) that they had in the store and none would fit. He went and searched other stores, to no avail. He then inquired about out-sourcing one and his manager said they should check with Guild first. So, the effort is certainly there, for which I'm grateful, and hopefully will get a good resolve. By virtue of the fact that they'd be willing to give me a hard case at no extra cost is noteworthy. Stay tuned.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:32 PM

Take the hard case and run.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

I'm glad to hear that thus far GC is working hard to remedy the situation...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-15-2019, 08:43 PM

It's the weekend, so I am assuming i won't hear anything for a couple/few days.
LarryK
Old 12-19-2019, 08:11 AM

Default UPDATE (OR NOT?)

Quote:
So I went over to GC this morning and they were very accommodating. They brought out every case (Soft and hard) that they had in the store and none would fit. He went and searched other stores, to no avail. He then inquired about out-sourcing one and his manager said they should check with Guild first. So, the effort is certainly there, for which I'm grateful, and hopefully will get a good resolve. By virtue of the fact that they'd be willing to give me a hard case at no extra cost is noteworthy. Stay tuned.
So, I've given them 4 full days to do their thing and have yet to hear from them. I did have the wherewithal to contact GUILD directly (on Sunday), and they contacted me on Monday. I told them about my GC experience, and the rep said, well, why wait for them. We'll send you a case ourselves. I was very impressed, and waiting for that. I will contact GC today and ask them why I haven't heard anything in what I believe is enough time to sort this out. I really had faith that they would come through but not as optimistic as I originally was. Stay tuned!
LarryK
Old 12-19-2019, 08:12 AM

I bought a Gator Jumbo Case, the case mine came with (Guild Polyfoam case FOR that guitar) is still in the shipping box. No plans to use it. Don't like soft cases.. not my thing...
Old 12-19-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
So, I've given them 4 full days to do their thing and have yet to hear from them. I did have the wherewithal to contact GUILD directly (on Sunday), and they contacted me on Monday. I told them about my GC experience, and the rep said, well, why wait for them. We'll send you a case ourselves. I was very impressed, and waiting for that. I will contact GC today and ask them why I haven't heard anything in what I believe is enough time to sort this out. I really had faith that they would come through but not as optimistic as I originally was. Stay tuned!
LarryK
Spoke to GC and they gave me the standard "oh, my manager is waiting other from Guild, and blah blah blah. I told him if I hadn't called I doubt I ever would have heard back. He said he'd call me back in 20 minutes....time's up!
Old 12-19-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
I bought a Gator Jumbo Case, the case mine came with (Guild Polyfoam case FOR that guitar) is still in the shipping box. No plans to use it. Don't like soft cases.. not my thing...
I also have the Gator for my Takamine GJ72CE 12 string. Great case. Not a fan of soft cases either.
2019 Takamine GD93
2022 Takamine GJ72CE 6-String
2022 Cort GA-QF CBB
1963 Gibson SG
2016 Kala uke
Dean A style mandolin. (Year unknown)
Lotus L80 (1984ish)
Plus a few lower end I have had for years
Old 12-19-2019, 05:39 PM

You did the right thing. No way would I risk using a case that could damage the guitar. And GC is probably pretty slammed with holiday shopping demands, so good on Guild to step up.

Hope this "case" gets closed soon. See what I did there?
Preston Thompson: O Koa
Old 12-19-2019, 05:44 PM

Consider the possibility that you've been assigned the correct case, but that the case was not manufactured to specs. Whoever was doing the sewing/assembly may have gotten it a little too tight. That sort of thing happens a lot. I recently purchased three identical pairs of blue jeans, and the waistline on one of them was a full inch narrower than the other two.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion