The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-31-2018, 04:23 AM

Default The Rain Song

Here's a couple of vids to show how i play The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin. The first link is a play through and the second is the breakdown...thanks for checking this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0IAjZwe9TM&t=278s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCagzNX6WxA&t=24s
Old 06-19-2018, 08:59 AM

This is a fantastic lesson. I’ve always loved this song and when I was trying to learn it last year I came across this version on YouTube. It is by far the best sounding thanks to a couple of maplebaby’s customizations and he breaks it down into small sections that make learning it not only easy but fun. As a beginner, nothing is more frustrating than working on sections of song and going nowhere with it. Learning small pieces and putting them together is very satisfying and gives me a sense of accomplishment inspiring me to push further. I recommend his lessons highly. Thanks so much for posting them maplebaby, they are greatly appreciated!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:39 AM

Nice. I learned how to play it from Shut Up And Play Your Guitar's YouTube channel. It must have been too good, because the audio is blocked and has been for a year now.

Since I havent played it in a while, these will be a nice refresher. Until they block them.

Thanks for posting!

Now If only I could find the video that gave complete gear list and step by step instructions for setting up an acoustic rig to get that Sound On Sound to play the acoustic version of Shine You Crazy Diamond, As done by live by David Gilmour.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
Nice. I learned how to play it from Shut Up And Play Your Guitar's YouTube channel. It must have been too good, because the audio is blocked and has been for a year now.

Since I havent played it in a while, these will be a nice refresher. Until they block them.

Thanks for posting!

Now If only I could find the video that gave complete gear list and step by step instructions for setting up an acoustic rig to get that Sound On Sound to play the acoustic version of Shine You Crazy Diamond, As done by live by David Gilmour.
I like Shut Up and Play’s lessons as well. I have picked up a number of tunes from him too. He has a teaching style very similar and he has lessons from the 70’s which I like.

Good luck on your search for the Gilmore sound.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Geist View Post
I like Shut Up and Play’s lessons as well. I have picked up a number of tunes from him too. He has a teaching style very similar and he has lessons from the 70’s which I like.

Good luck on your search for the Gilmore sound.
Thanks, I'll keep looking.

His lesson for ELP's From The Beginning and Neil Young's Harvest Moon are my other favorites. I play those song alot.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
Thanks, I'll keep looking.

His lesson for ELP's From The Beginning and Neil Young's Harvest Moon are my other favorites. I play those song alot.
That’s funny. Those are two of my favorites as well and both are on my daily playlist. In fact most of the songs that I play are from YouTube lessons from tonedr or shutupandplay. Babe i’m Gonna leave you, over the hills and far away and the obligatory Blackbird are also on my daily list.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:09 AM

Thanks for the post & put me down as a huge fan of Shut Up & Play too!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write