The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Default PSA - For Breedlove Fans

In this morning's mail - Breedlove is having a Facebook Live event on Monday and Tues, June 8,9 announcing new products:

Here's a link to their FB page

“It’s a tradition at Breedlove to introduce new products twice a year,” says owner Tom Bedell, “at the Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, Calif.; then again at the Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, Tenn.”

Given changes, postponement and cancellations wrought by the current pandemic, Breedlove will host its own digital 2020 Summer Show, June 8–9, on Breedlove’s Facebook Live. We hope you will join us next week. Click below for a full schedule of events.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:54 AM

Either Breedlove are fools or they are not fools. They went from being the number 3 selling American guitar brand to God knows where they rank now, and from being a well respected original modern design (although sometimes controversial) high end guitar brand to competing with no-name Asian brands. I would have thought they would have stuck to their Concerto, Concert, and Concertina marketing for at least one year but it seems changing everything every few months must result in more sales for them and I don't know how to be a businessman.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John5 View Post
Either Breedlove are fools or they are not fools. They went from being the number 3 selling American guitar brand to God knows where they rank now, and from being a well respected original modern design (although sometimes controversial) high end guitar brand to competing with no-name Asian brands. I would have thought they would have stuck to their Concerto, Concert, and Concertina marketing for at least one year but it seems changing everything every few months must result in more sales for them and I don't know how to be a businessman.
Like other major manufacturers, some Breedlove guitars are made outside the US. That's just a matter of economics and marketing. But they also have their "Made in Bend" guitars, which I've found to be quite impressive (not dissing the Organics, or other overseas models...just don't have as much experience with them). And if you want higher end they still do custom shop work. Regarding the body sizes, they are sticking to Concertina, Concert, Concerto models - though they introduced the smaller Companion some time ago. So I guess I'm missing your point. The current Breedlove is certainly different from the old one. I never really knew the old Breedlove. But a few months ago I bought one of their Premiere models. Very nice guitar, at a decent price.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:29 AM

I agree that changing models of guitars so often has hurt Breedlove over the past several years. I live in Bend, Oregon where Breedlove is located and visit their facility often. Their attention to detail and use of quality tone woods is still very present in their production. The people at Breedlove are awesome and care very much about building high quality guitars, and they do. There is no reason not to trust Breedlove although they might benefit from fewer changes in their models. No affiliation here.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John5 View Post
They went from being the number 3 selling American guitar brand to God knows where they rank now...
I suspect they still are #3. What other American brand can you think of that might have supplanted them (assuming your assertion is correct)? Gibson? Possibly, but I doubt it. Larrivee? Collings? Santa Cruz? Pre-War?
2010 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster
1974 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases