The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-23-2019, 12:24 AM

I’d buy this but I’m worried about how StewMac ship it. Will it be well packaged I wonder?
Old 07-23-2019, 04:03 AM
Charter Member

These are fantastic. I have received them on a couple of occasions and they are excellent. So much easier, and far less messy, than peanuts!
Old 07-23-2019, 04:54 AM

Styrofoam peanuts are a blight. I’ve always hated them, simply because of the mess they make when you have to unpack anything that has been shipped with them as packing materials.

Then we got a cat, and what had merely been a major annoyance became threatening to the cat’s health. It’s nearly impossible to unpack anything that’s been packed in styrofoam peanuts without spilling at least a few on the floor, and our cat would lurk and snatch them before I could stop her.

Then, of course, she’d gnaw on them, sometimes swallowing bits of them, and I had to worry that she’d inhale some of the fragments.

At the time my father was mailing us lots of sometimes fragile stuff, and I had to ask him several times to not pack anything in styrofoam peanuts before it finally registered with him. But he and my mother didn’t have a cat, so he couldn’t understand the problem for a long time.

Short version: I’ve never liked styrofoam peanuts, but it’s fair to say that these days I absolutely loathe them.

whm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion