The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 AM

Default Gig bag for Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor

I picked up a new Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor to use in a jazz band I gig with about once every couple of months. Didn't want to spend to much and am very happy with the guitar. It came without a case and I'm looking for a gig bag that fits that big headstock.

Anyone have any recommendations? I emailed the company and they didn't have any suggestions.

Thanks.
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah
Old 07-02-2019, 09:29 AM

I have a Roadrunner gig bag designed to fit an ES-335 style semi hollow body guitar. I use it mostly for my Ibanez AG195 which has 2.75" body depth and a 15" lower bout. It fits pretty well. I've also used it with an Ibanez AF105 which has a 2.75" body depth and 16" lower bout. It fit that guitar pretty snugly.

I would take your guitar down to your local shop and try a gig bag that fits a semi hollow. I think you may find the fit better than if you use a gig bag designed for a typical acoustic guitar.

Good luck in your search.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Agreed that you should simply take it to a local music store and see what fits. I ended up with an Acoustic type of bag for my Gretsch 5420 (full hollow body). Just an extra tip but be aware of the padding and support feature the bag offers. Also lots of pockets are good as you will likely need to carry cords and music books and stuff like that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars