The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-12-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
You've used the Rumble for guitar? (not sure why it would come up otherwise in this thread).

I have a Rumble 75 (now discontinued) I got 2years ago when I was playing bass in a band, and its got a ton of volume, but I never tried plugging in an acoustic to it. It weighs close to 50 lbs, though.

As to the Roland, everyone knows about them - mixing battery, powered, and acoustic and electric amps into one list is pointless.
I don't get what's "pointless" since there was no definition of "portable" by the O.P.

The only defining characteristic (as defined by the O.P.s link to the Sweetwater article is that they can be easily carried around. That pretty much spells out that either battery-powered or smaller combo amps would meet the requirements of posting in this topic.

Yes, I have used my Rumble 100 with both my Taylor acoustic (K&K equipped) and my electric guitar through the 23 pound Rumble 100. The newer Rumbles are similar to what you owned in name only.

As far as "everyone knowing about them", that's simply not true and I've had personal messages from folks who thanked me for suggesting the smaller Roland Street Cube in forum topics.

Evidently "everyone" doesn't read the same topics that you do.

Why the criticism?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:27 AM

One option I might add is a Blackstar ID:Core Beam. I was able to snap up a cream-colored limited edition one for $130, and I do have to say it's quite useful, since it has bluetooth connectivity, the ability to adjust presets using a computer, and settings for electric, acoustic, and bass guitars. Really, the only things it's missing (from my perspective) is a mic input and the option to run on batteries.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:15 PM

Love my Quilter MicroPro Mach 2 8" and 12" extension cab. Really enjoy playing Kemper through effects return as well (until KemperKone comes out ). Looks like Quilter have raised prices a bit but still good value imo. Sweetwater carries them now too ... the latest ToneBlock looks pretty interesting: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-200-watt-head

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars