The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-06-2019, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Blessings to you, Cap’n, for a complete recovery. My belief is that love and music and prayers can heal us all. With focus in those areas (yep, along with PT), you’ll be soon dancing and playing a X7, while riding a scooter.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeway View Post
Blessings to you, Cap’n, for a complete recovery. My belief is that love and music and prayers can heal us all. With focus in those areas (yep, along with PT), you’ll be soon dancing and playing a X7, while riding a scooter.
Wow - thank you for those kind words, Angie. That may be a miracle, because I couldn't dance worth a darn before the surgery. One of the effects of playing in bands in my youth: you make music and watch others dance.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
.....because I couldn't dance worth a darn before the surgery. .....
Reminds of what I said to the neurosurgeon before the craniotomy (yes I do have an extra hole in my head). Asking him if I would be able to play piano after the surgery, he was sharp enough to ask if I played it already?

I too am a non-dancer, the exception being between the 11th and 14th beer at wedding receptions. Until #11 I am too inhibited to dance, and after #14 can no longer stand up. I hide behind my guitar and play for the dancers.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Almost done waiting... tomorrow, we head out for a couple months in the motorhome. The X7 is coming along, the others are in a "secure, undisclosed location." The S1 and the Spire Studio were easy to find space for; finding some quiet for recording may be a challenge.

This is the trip that almost wasn't... it took some work on my part to convince the Blonde that I am "able-bodied" enough. We'll know soon enough: I haven't done any long distance driving since "the cut." I plan to stop regularly for a walk-about. We did plan for 6 hours or so for the first day, then a day off with no traveling to see how things are going.

These itchy feet are about to be happy feet - See you down the road!
Old 07-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Guest 928

Six hours could be a push. Perhaps its my age, but my preferred travel is three hours on the road, lunch, a nap, and then wander the local scene.

Have you been through Williams, by the way? Kramster put those darned pictures on the forum and has me contemplating a trip--that would be about 4 1/2 hours from here.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post

Have you been through Williams, by the way? Kramster put those darned pictures on the forum and has me contemplating a trip--that would be about 4 1/2 hours from here.

Ride that old Grand Canyon Train to the South Rim, they usually have a guy wandering up and down the cars playing guitar and when I went back in the day Coca-Cola in glass bottles!.. Darn that Kramster, making Uncles contemplate...oh wait... that's me...ignore
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 07-16-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: adds
Old 07-16-2019, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Six hours could be a push. Perhaps its my age, but my preferred travel is three hours on the road, lunch, a nap, and then wander the local scene.

I'm all about pushing it. We plan to take the next day off the road - see how I'm doing and have a little celebration. I'm just happy to be going somewhere.

Our traveling style in the motorhome is: 300 miles and get off the road. Kick back. If we were to do 3 hours of travel each day, it would take us almost a week to get out of Texas! We're double towing with the motorhome, so we keep it to 65mph or less.

Destination: north to the Black Hills; hoping for some cooler weather and great curvy roads for the scoots.

Yes, we have been to Williams. It may be touristy, but the train ride to the Grand Canyon is a must... seriously, I think it is a state law that you have to do the train if you go to Williams.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I'm all about pushing it. We plan to take the next day off the road - see how I'm doing and have a little celebration. I'm just happy to be going somewhere.

Our traveling style in the motorhome is: 300 miles and get off the road. Kick back. If we were to do 3 hours of travel each day, it would take us almost a week to get out of Texas! We're double towing with the motorhome, so we keep it to 65mph or less.

Destination: north to the Black Hills; hoping for some cooler weather and great curvy roads for the scoots.

Yes, we have been to Williams. It may be touristy, but the train ride to the Grand Canyon is a must... seriously, I think it is a state law that you have to do the train if you go to Williams.
Have fun and be careful Captain, you dont want to have to start all over.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 07-17-2019, 08:27 AM

Enjoy your roadtrip Captain!
Old 07-17-2019, 08:47 AM

Safe travels, Jim (and to the Blonde, and Rufus). Glad you are able to get away.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, folks... first day out, and all went just fine. The hip handled the long drive, and I was able to set up all the utilities on the motorhome, unaided, at the end of the drive... in the 98º sunshine.

I stopped periodically to walk around the rig, check tires, peek inside the cargo trailer to make sure the scoots are good, and stretch my legs.

I'll do a walk around the RV park after the sun goes down. A bit too warm to sit outside and play the X7.

Rufus did fine today, too. He's a good boy...

Old 07-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Guest 928

Does Rufus share some of the driving? Actually, he looks more like the boss, you're just the driver. If and when I come back, I wouldn't mind being one of your cats. Although I'd rather be one of my dogs. They don't drive, either.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Does Rufus share some of the driving? Actually, he looks more like the boss, you're just the driver. If and when I come back, I wouldn't mind being one of your cats. Although I'd rather be one of my dogs. They don't drive, either.
The two ladies at the office of RV park where we are staying just gushed over Rufus looking out the driver's window in the motorhome. He likes to look around, especially if he can see his person (me).

Unlike Toonces (the driving cat), Rufus does not drive. He does keep an eye on the GPS to see where we are and where we're going.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber