The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-30-2019, 04:51 PM

I run only one EV ZLX12 with my MG10XU and I’ve never felt that I was lacking bass. I’m glad this thread came up because I’ve been wanting to speak about the MG10XU. I keep mine on a music stand and TWICE I’ve forgotten to tighten the actual music platform and the mixer has fallen to the floor. 2 weeks ago it hit the concrete at an outside gig. Other than some scratches, it performs perfectly!! I too think the effects are pretty good but I stick to some basic reverb on number 1 or delay on number 11. Good luck l!!
Old 04-30-2019, 10:12 PM

Yup, I just use 1 JBL EON612 and a little Mackie mixer for my solo acoustic shows and have been super happy with it!! Plenty of volume, portable and nice sound. A second speaker would be nice for a backup just in case and better dispersion, but to be honest the 110 degree dispersion of the one speaker covers most situations.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:34 AM

The low E on an acoustic guitar is 83 Hz, well with in the range of any of the major brand powered speakers regardless of driver size. Also, size alone is not a good indicator of bass response. Bose pioneered using active EQ, long throw, and enclosure design to use tiny speakers and any of this might be in something you buy today. We use a single CP8 for our duo and a third of our repertoire includes bass guitar. It sounds as good as a small bass amp.

Regarding dispersion, I think not everyone at one of our gigs came for the music and you should leave some corners of the venue maximally conversation friendly.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification