The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-12-2015, 09:49 AM

Default Garage Band

Can someone link me to a tutorial to take me through Garage Band, start to finish. Here is what I need. Hooking up a Personus (sp), hooking up voice mic, I have pickup in my guitar. I need to understand exactly how to record, step by step. I find bits and pieces on youtube but nothing simple. I am technologically challenged. I want to simply record my own songs, acoustic guitar and my voice, that simple. Can someone help? Please.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:01 AM

There's a lot of good stuff here:

http://m.lynda.com/GarageBand-tutori.../154336-2.html

you may have to pay for some of it, but it's worth it.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsclcctl View Post
Can someone link me to a tutorial to take me through Garage Band, start to finish. Here is what I need. Hooking up a Personus (sp), hooking up voice mic, I have pickup in my guitar. I need to understand exactly how to record, step by step. I find bits and pieces on youtube but nothing simple. I am technologically challenged. I want to simply record my own songs, acoustic guitar and my voice, that simple. Can someone help? Please.
Groove3 is absolutely awesome. I've watched countless hours of their videos on Logic, Pro Tools, and Studio One. Groove 3's "Explained" video series' are a soup to nuts top to bottom walkthrough of everything you'll need.

Here's the Garageband page with video series done by Elie Krantzberg who is a very knowledgeable and steady paced teacher. Very thorough. It's also on sale for $25 with 10% off of that right now. I also think you can get a $15.00 month long All-Access pass to their video library, which would include the GarageBand Explained series. I'm assuming you can get 10% off of that as well.

http://www.groove3.com/str/GarageBand/

2016 Fender American Standard Strat (Burly Slinky)
2015 Taylor 416e (Elixir PB Lights)
2010 Yamaha FG700S (whatever strings I have lying around)
'88 Yamaha FG405
'91 Washburn D-10N
Fishman Loudbox Mini
2001 Fender Standard Tele (Regular Slinky)
'94 Epiphone SG (Regular Slinky)
'90 Ibanez 540SLTD (Super Slinky)
Ibanez SR500 Bass (Ernie Ball flats)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD