The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-29-2019, 08:37 AM

Just buy it. Enjoy playing it.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 09-19-2019, 03:37 PM

I went to the store and they still had this guitar so I bought it. Surprisingly it came with a hadshell case that looks like a high end tkl but you can tell it’s cheaper. Still a $150 case easily.

Brought it home and set it up and re string. Sounds great. It has high frets above the 12 fret so I’m going to try and level them. It only matters on a few spots 12-14 fret notes. But I guarantee that no guitar can come close to this in looks, Sound, feel for the price. I’d say this beats out all the $1k martins and other competitors. I just don’t understand how a guitar this cheap can have an adi top that is torrified...
Old 09-19-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217 View Post
I went to the store and they still had this guitar so I bought it. Surprisingly it came with a hadshell case that looks like a high end tkl but you can tell it’s cheaper. Still a $150 case easily.

Brought it home and set it up and re string. Sounds great. It has high frets above the 12 fret so I’m going to try and level them. It only matters on a few spots 12-14 fret notes. But I guarantee that no guitar can come close to this in looks, Sound, feel for the price. I’d say this beats out all the $1k martins and other competitors. I just don’t understand how a guitar this cheap can have an adi top that is torrified...
It's *magic*, seriously though, congrats, enjoy.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:37 AM

Im considering an ro t16 and an ez tone a9m. I'm thinking about the ez tone incase I cant get used to the thicker neck of the Ros 10. It sounds quite beautiful though. Even the dirty 30,s are great sounding, unique. Judging by the guitars u guys own you know good tone so I trust your opinions. U own some lovely guitars and u were sold on something that costs 250? That says a lot!
It's places like this that have led me to RK guitars. It's no lie these guitars are something else. Recording King one of a few companies that bring quality instruments and sound to people on a lower budget. Those ez tone a9m are all solid with scalloped bracing for 250 and have a really great RK tone What struggling musician can afford a lowden? I think it's about 4-6 grand to have a customised one and there's a year waiting list? U would think they would say right! " We are rich now why don't we design quality guitars for cheap so that more musicians can actually get to hear and play them.' It just means that more people will hear an RK because they are cheaper. Look at the resells? There aren't many being sold second hand.

Last edited by Phoenix75; 09-20-2019 at 03:48 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion