The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-17-2019, 04:01 AM

Default Pedal for effects

Does anyone know of a great amp simulator OR effects pedal that is SIMPLE and effective? I will be doing a acoustic solo act here and there and want to be able to have some "electric" sounds and think taht having a pedal going into the PA would be easier than having an additional amp. I anticipate having a hybrid guitar like Taylor T5z or similar.

I do have plenty of pedals and can make my own pedalboard which is actually probably the SIMPLEST because I'd be putting it together but maybe something like a Xoom or similar would be better? I'm not a tone freak.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:18 AM

Take a look at the set up Monte Montgomery uses. That may give you what you're looking for.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:29 AM

Default thank you

Thanks! I'd never heard of him and will have to listen to his stuff...listening to remarks about his playing, it sounds like what I want to do...have the acoustic for the phsicality but be able to pull off some cool stuff without having to do weight training with my hands. Those AMPEG SVT direct boxes are a little dear...I might be able to do without those, haha! But I already have all the other pedals on my electric setup pedalboard so I might be good to go, or nearly so.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:54 PM

Monte is a one of a kind.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:04 PM

Definitely take a look at the Zoom G3. Super easy to understand and use; tons of effects and tons of very easy customizability for them all. Amazingly inexpensive too. I’ve been doing my solo thing with it for a number of years (my 400th solo show is this Friday, thank you very much) and I love it. Simple, versatile, super easy, great range of sounds.

...SeanLewisMusic..>>..Find me HERE on iTunes

Composite Acoustics GX | Larrivee LV-03E | Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin II | Breedlove N250CR
Godin Duet Ambience Nylon | 1965 Gibson LG1 | Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass | Fender American Standard Strat
Seagull SWS Maritime Mini-Jumbo | Guild B140 Acoustic Bass | Blackbird Rider Steel | Go Grande Mahogany | Godin A8 mandolin
Old 09-17-2019, 03:32 PM

https://youtu.be/EWm5lr0jL_Y
Have a look and listen to the solo that starts at the 1:20 mark in the video.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:19 PM

Most simple and effective thing I have is a Line6 M5 pedal. It cost me £80 A few years back and has decent digital models of a shed load of classic pedals.
It has 24 customisable presets and is really rugged for stage use.
The M5 can only do one effect at a time, but I believe there are M9 and M13 versions that allow for 3 or 6 simultaneous effects.
I have used the M5 with acoustic guitar for ambient reverbs, and with bass for distortion, fuzz, compression and chorus.
I also rigged up an expression pedal to use with the M5 that let's me modify the parameters of whatever effect I have selected on the fly.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
Definitely take a look at the Zoom G3. Super easy to understand and use; tons of effects and tons of very easy customizability for them all. Amazingly inexpensive too. Iíve been doing my solo thing with it for a number of years (my 400th solo show is this Friday, thank you very much) and I love it. Simple, versatile, super easy, great range of sounds.
Congrats! That is a lot of shows!
Old 09-17-2019, 07:34 PM

The video of Monte at 1:20 reminds me of what Billy Strings does.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:31 PM

I've never heard of him. Time to dig up some videos.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification