The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-06-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Raymond, what beautiful guitars and gear!! Do you have anything new planned for 2015 (other than the Les Paul you just got)?
No concrete plans as such and thanks !

I'd like a project guitar perhaps, to learn about wiring up an electric, pots, pick ups etc. I hate to do that to any of the PRS, Taylor or Gibson. Pay pick up an Epi or Gibson Studio to do that perhaps.

As for new guitars. I like something with a Piezo, PRS P22 or may be a PRS hollowbody. Not sure yet.

I have no plans to get anything until at least the summer though, currently in the middle of buying my first house and then some renovation work needs to be paid for, hopefully I will have a didicated room for my gear in the new house
Old 02-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Lin View Post
What would you like to know?
Sounds like you built it? Any more information on that? Plans, inspiration? (Tweed amp, I'm supposing)

It looks great!
Old 02-06-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
Sounds like you built it? Any more information on that? Plans, inspiration? (Tweed amp, I'm supposing)

It looks great!
The board was purchased from Salvage Customs

http://www.salvagecustom.com

They (actually it's currently just Daniel, 1 guy at the moment) built the board to my specifications in size, materials (walnut), the covering, the hardware. The built took about 5 months.

So it has an internal on/off switch, so I can leave the power cable in and turn it on or off easily without having to mess with cables.

It has a patch bay on the other side with auto by pass so I can choose if I want to run all the pedals through the front of the amp or just the OD/Distortions and take the modulations into the FX Loop.

The board is powered by a Ciokolate PSU by Cioks.

I don't have any plans for the board at the moment, or a new amp. I have pretty much most if not all bases covered for now.

The board is wired with Lava tightrope high end kit, cut to size and routed underside.

Midi cables are made custom size from Best-tronics with 90 degree jacks which is controlled by the DPC-5

Work in progress

Last edited by Raymond Lin; 02-06-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:23 PM

You got some beautiful toys there bro. The new LP is fantastic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars