The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM

Default Thank You!

My wife and I recently incurred some emergency medical bills, so I was forced to sell a couple of guitars and some "extra" equipment. I want to thank those of you who purchased the guitars from me. The Larrivee OM-10 and JV-09 have found good new homes!

I also want to thank those of you who offered concern and sent prayers. They are all greatly appreciated.

Again, Thank You!

Cheers!

Jim
Old 02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hello Jim
Emergency medical bills are hard to swallow. If you're without a single guitar at the moment because of medical reasons, you're happy to borrow a "recovery" guitar from us, free of charge, until you can get back on your feet(financially or literally). It's bad enough to get old but to do it without a guitar in your lap is just sinful. Let me know if I can help in the recovery department.
Best
Steve C
Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageparlors View Post
Hello Jim
Emergency medical bills are hard to swallow. If you're without a single guitar at the moment because of medical reasons, you're happy to borrow a "recovery" guitar from us, free of charge, until you can get back on your feet(financially or literally). It's bad enough to get old but to do it without a guitar in your lap is just sinful. Let me know if I can help in the recovery department.
Best
Steve C
Wow, Steve! That is really nice of you! But I still have one guitar left, so I will be okay. Since I can only play one at a time, I am fine. But that is really generous of you, and I WILL remember it when I look for a new guitar!

Cheers!

Jim
Old 02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hello Jim
Best
Steve C
That is first class, Steve.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Hello Jim
Best
Steve C
Steve - that is SERIOUSLY decent man. Prayers to all and this is what the AGF and community is really about.
Collings OM2H Custom
Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Hello Jim
Best
Steve C
That is a very compassionate and noble gesture, Steve. You set an excellent example for those of us who frequent this forum. My hat is off to you!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 PM

jim
Prayers said for you and the wife. My god watch over your family.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Hello Jim
Best
Steve C
Wow, now that's compassion put into motion. I love the spirit of this forum.

Steve, you’re one kind hearted soul.

Jim, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Jim: Hope you and your wife are doing better and on your way to better times! Steve: Very kind of you! There are many great people on this forum!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Steve...

I just wanted to add my voice to others who posted ahead of me. Thank you for being so openhanded with Jim! My best wishes to Jim and his family.

John

Martin OM-15m custom

Opinions subject to change due to experience...
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Charter Member

Ahhhh....humanity, don't you just love it. When the doo doo hits the fan the good people come out of the woodwork.
Thanks for helping to reset my "GRUMPY" button.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 PM

Jim,

I don't know your exact situation, but I have been right where you are. My wife recently went through a bout with breast cancer - and even though we had insurance, we had tons of medical bills related to her surgeries and treatments. I am praying for you and your family. I hope you did not have to sell your "Goddess" guitar - one of the most beautiful Larrivee's I have ever seen. I send you greetings from a fellow Texan living in the Metroplex.

Pastor Chuck
Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

Jim,

Everyone here wishes you and your wife all the best. I hope your financial and health recoveries are rapid and successful.

Best regards,
Glenn
Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM

slimey - I'd like to use your quote as my sig, if you do not mind

Jim, I'll pray for you tonight. I hope that someone is watching over you and your wife. I am glad you have a positive attitude, and outlook.

Take care and be well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimey View Post
Ahhhh....humanity, don't you just love it. When the doo doo hits the fan the good people come out of the woodwork.
Thanks for helping to reset my "GRUMPY" button.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hello Jim
Best
Steve C
Hi Steve,

I read my wife your post, and she said, "Wow, that's when your imaginary friends are not imaginary any more!"

Best regards, Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion