The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-27-2024, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Dealer Trade Value

Trade with individuals is somewhat straight forward. With a vendor though, how much value as a percentage can I expect to get from my guitar put towards the guitar I am taking? I was going to consign one and the dealer already gave me a value quote on it. I assume my guitar in a trade would have to have quite a bit higher value to get the other guitar outright, just wondering how much is standard.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fregly View Post
Trade with individuals is somewhat straight forward. With a vendor though, how much value as a percentage can I expect to get from my guitar put towards the guitar I am taking? I was going to consign one and the dealer already gave me a value quote on it. I assume my guitar in a trade would have to have quite a bit higher value to get the other guitar outright, just wondering how much is standard.
The "general" protocol at Guitar Center is to establish the going rate for like and similar guitars. They used to use eBay but with so many online used vendor outlets these days I am not sure what they use. My guess is Reverb. Once they establish an average Reverb asking price they'll usually half that. That is your offer.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
The "general" protocol at Guitar Center is to establish the going rate for like and similar guitars. They used to use eBay but with so many online used vendor outlets these days I am not sure what they use. My guess is Reverb. Once they establish an average Reverb asking price they'll usually half that. That is your offer.
Thanks, round about what I expected.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion